Which psu should i get?

My build:

CPU: i5 3570k
Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro
GPU: Asus gtx 670 direct cu ii top 2
CPU cooler: CM hyper 212 eco
Case: cm storm trooper
SSD: Crucial 128gb m4
RAM: 2 x 4gb DDR 1600mhz

I plan on going SLi in the future and overclocking
5 answers Last reply
More about which
  1. Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
    XFX, Corsair, SeaSonic are all good brands - I personally would be looking at the SeaSonic X750 here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087
    or the CORSAIR Gaming Series GS800 here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139038
    those are both in the upper cost area.
    If budget is an issue then perhaps the SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151107
    or the CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139030
    or even the XFX P1-750X-XXB9 here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207023
    Just a few options for you.
  2. With the 3570k being a low power cpu (77wTDP) along with the GTX 670 also haveing a low TDP (149w) you can get a 650w and still power SLI , so if your budget is tight you can save a few bucks and get a quality 650w psu that has a nice high efficiency rating.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151106
    SeaSonic M12II 650 SS-650AM 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply $104.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
    CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply $79.99 after rebate

    You can also use the power calculator to see what you need for watts.

    http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html
  3. ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP Graphics Card Review
    Quote:
    Turning to power consumption, the GTX 670 just sips power, especially compared to the dual GPU beast. A solid 500 W PSU would be plenty for this GPU and an overclocked Ivy Bridge setup.


    Add 177 watts

    177+295=472 watts then to keep it under 80% max load 472/.8=590 watts

    Quote:
    With the 3570k being a low power cpu (77wTDP) along with the GTX 670 also haveing a low TDP (149w) you can get a 650w and still power SLI , so if your budget is tight you can save a few bucks and get a quality 650w psu that has a nice high efficiency rating.


    that would be perfect.


    (edited because [:lutfij:1] )
  4. Anonymous said:
    ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP Graphics Card Review
    Quote:
    Turning to power consumption, the GTX 670 just sips power, especially compared to the dual GPU beast. A solid 500 W PSU would be plenty for this GPU and an overclocked Ivy Bridge setup.

    http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4900/captureihz.jpg
    Add 177 watts
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3186/powerpeak.png
    177+425=602 watts then to keep it under 80% max load 602/.8=752.5 watts

    C12Friedman made some very excellent suggestions.

    Quote:
    With the 3570k being a low power cpu (77wTDP) along with the GTX 670 also haveing a low TDP (149w) you can get a 650w and still power SLI , so if your budget is tight you can save a few bucks and get a quality 650w psu that has a nice high efficiency rating.


    and that is also very doable . .i had added a "comfort zone"

    By using the 425 watt figure given for the HD6990 instead of the 295 watt figure given for the GTX670 ?
  5. delluser1 said:
    By using the 425 watt figure given for the HD6990 instead of the 295 watt figure given for the GTX670 ?

    WHOA!
    :o
    methinks i have some editing to do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Asus CPUs Components Product