HELP !!! my pc will not boot.....dunno what to do anymore !!!

TheCoon

Honorable
May 11, 2012
HI everybody,

I'm lost !!! I have had my home built sys running flawlessly for around 1 1/2 years now, but all of a sudden it startet shutting down at random times. sometimes while gaming, sometimes while watching some video, etc....

at some point it wasnt starting at all anymore, or better said just being in the boot cycle endlessly. i got it to work somehow again and managed to reinstall a new OS from scratch (i though at first it had to do with a win7 update). the system seamed to be running fine afterwards an did for a couple of month . then all of a sudden (again), after being switched off over night, it was stuck again in the boot cycle. basically it starts up, all fans are running but 1 - 2 seconds later it shuts off, then after another 2 sec it switches on again (and so on). first i took the whole thing apart and put everything back together making sure all the connections are properly made. nothing ! so i tried to find a solution for it and started reading all kinds of forums, finding people with similar probs.

so i decided to get some new parts since i figured out it could only be a hardware prob. i bought a new mobo (with onboard graphics). but still a constant cycle of booting. so i bought a new processor ! still nothing. i got a new PSU (a 100 W stronger then the exsisting) still just a constant failure ! zthe i decided it could be faulty RAM's so i bought also new ones ! and still notinhg happend. now i have tried all kinds of configurations !!!

new board with new psu, new ram, new cpu, and the gpu.

the same config just with the onboard gpu.

old board, old cpu, old gpu, new ram, new psu

old board, new psu, old cpu, old gpu.

and so on....

if tried breadbording to take out the chance of shoting any parts.

NOTHING IS WORKING ! I GET THE SAME BOOT CYCLE SEQUENZE EVERYTIME !!!!

now i've spent a small fortune on new components and still nothing seams to work !

ANy ideas ?? PLs help ! i've lost all hopes !!!

my Config:

MObo: Gigabyte Ga-x58a-ud3r
CPU: Intel i7 socket s-1366 3.06 GHz
GPU: Gainward Geforce 570 GTX GLH
RAM: Kingston Hyper X 1333 Mhz 3x 2GB
PSU: Chieftec Nitro 85 (650W)

New bought Config:

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
CPU: Intel i7-3770K LGA1155
RAM: Corsair XMS3 1333 2 x 2GB
PSU: Corsair GX 750W

TheCoon

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Nope i didnt. I have 2 hdd's..one with 500gb (my current c drive) and another 200gb which wasnt in use for 1 year and is completlet formated. I doubt that both of them have similar problems, or could i be wrong ???

TheCoon

Honorable
May 11, 2012
i tried both hdd's on both systems. i had the same come out as before ! :( it still starts up and shuts off after 2 seconds. i dont even get a POST screen ! nothing at all. as if i would cut the power from the PSU myself at the main switch ! :eek:

TheCoon

Honorable
May 11, 2012
i got mtself 6 older hdd's from my girlfriends pc. I will try them 2night. They have been working until the present day. Hopefully i'll get some results. And also i took the case speaker. Hope that also gives me more conclusion. ^^

TheCoon

Honorable
May 11, 2012
so if tried with the 2 other hdd's ! same result ! pc starts, immidiatley shuts down and starts up again ! and that endlessly ! am lost :(

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
recheck all your wiring and see if memory stick are well seated and did you put the standoff post in the case with the srew in also look around it the video cable is not making ground on the case or any other wire

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012

Just to expand on Scouts post.

I had a similar problem and ended up solving it by simply putting in the stand-offs. Thing to do is take all the hardware out and start again.
While your taking all your hardware out try resetting your cmos by taking the watch battery out of your motherboard. by the time you have everything installed again it should have reset.
The standoff screws are usually little screws that have female thread on the top of them, these screws act as washers to keep your Chipset of your cases backplate. make sure you use the right screws to fasten your Chipset to the stand-offs so your Mobo can be grounded where it needs to.