Fraps Recording Lag on new $1000 PC?...

NeutralEnergy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
This is really getting on my nerves. I've got a pretty good PC I've just built. Here are the important specs-
CPU: Phenom II X4 970
Graphics Card: GTX 570 OCed
RAM: 8GB Corsair 1866 MHz memory
Main HD: Western Digital 250gb Caviar Blue
Second HD: Corsair 60GB Force 3 SSD

I've tried everything. I went as far as upgrading from a GTX 560 to a GTX 570 and getting that extra SSD for the sole purpose of being able to record and, for instance, if I try to record fullscreen Minecraft (23" Asus monitor) I ALWAYS lag at 14 FPS with a considerate 1 second lag between my mouse/keyboard and what happens on the screen. I got the SSD because I saw others saying their problems were solved by recording to a second hard drive. Still at 14 FPS and I made sure I was recording to the SSD. From my standpoint, I'm baffled. I've got a perfectly great modern PC that runs everything I throw at it... except recording any gameplay from even a simple game like Minecraft. Can anyone help me out? I'd be extremely grateful...

Thanks in advance for ANY help and you can be sure I'll choose a "Best Answer" to anyone who'll solve my problem. This has been troubling me for the past 2 months or so. The video card drivers are updated to the latest. I just can't seem to pinpoint the problem...

I appreciate any help, thanks-
Neutral

stephen-mc

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
try messing around with the fraps settings. i cant see why you would be having trouble . my computer is almost the same as yours but i get a solid 60 fps recording minecraft. Is the cpu overheating while you record?

NeutralEnergy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Oh and what's strange is that when I watch the video after I recorded it, the video would be extremely smooth and Fraps would be telling me that it's going at 60 FPS. I mean the video is smooth as butter, no hiccups. But while I'm recording, it's hell. I've already explained how horrible it is when I try to record. VERY choppy... I'm just dumbfounded... If anyone could help I would be very grateful.