Fraps Recording Lag on new $1000 PC?...

This is really getting on my nerves. I've got a pretty good PC I've just built. Here are the important specs-
CPU: Phenom II X4 970
Graphics Card: GTX 570 OCed
RAM: 8GB Corsair 1866 MHz memory
Main HD: Western Digital 250gb Caviar Blue
Second HD: Corsair 60GB Force 3 SSD

I've tried everything. I went as far as upgrading from a GTX 560 to a GTX 570 and getting that extra SSD for the sole purpose of being able to record and, for instance, if I try to record fullscreen Minecraft (23" Asus monitor) I ALWAYS lag at 14 FPS with a considerate 1 second lag between my mouse/keyboard and what happens on the screen. I got the SSD because I saw others saying their problems were solved by recording to a second hard drive. Still at 14 FPS and I made sure I was recording to the SSD. From my standpoint, I'm baffled. I've got a perfectly great modern PC that runs everything I throw at it... except recording any gameplay from even a simple game like Minecraft. Can anyone help me out? I'd be extremely grateful...

Thanks in advance for ANY help and you can be sure I'll choose a "Best Answer" to anyone who'll solve my problem. This has been troubling me for the past 2 months or so. The video card drivers are updated to the latest. I just can't seem to pinpoint the problem...

I appreciate any help, thanks-
Neutral
9 answers Last reply
More about fraps recording 1000
  1. try messing around with the fraps settings. i cant see why you would be having trouble . my computer is almost the same as yours but i get a solid 60 fps recording minecraft. Is the cpu overheating while you record?
  2. I've tried 30 fps with half-sized resolutions. Same exact result. Always the 14 fps with choppy recording and peripheral (mouse/keyboard) lag.
  3. Just recorded for 30 seconds on Fraps while recording CPU temp. Went from 41 degrees to 42 degrees. No idea what the problem is.
  4. Oh and what's strange is that when I watch the video after I recorded it, the video would be extremely smooth and Fraps would be telling me that it's going at 60 FPS. I mean the video is smooth as butter, no hiccups. But while I'm recording, it's hell. I've already explained how horrible it is when I try to record. VERY choppy... I'm just dumbfounded... If anyone could help I would be very grateful.
  5. Is there any information on this?... Any speculations or guesses?
  6. Did you uncheck 'Lock framerate while recording'? That was giving me issues, because I was dumb and didn't notice it. Now I can play BF3 and record at 40 FPS. Yippi.
  7. Also don't record to a external hard-drive. It causes lag too.
  8. I'm recording to a seperate SSD/ Not an external hard drive and neither should have problems with recording to them unless they're extremely slow or broken.
  9. And yes, it's one of the first things I tried... ugh so frustrating...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics