Please check my build!

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: $1600, MAX

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies, photo / video edits , surfing the internet.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Centrecom.com.au.

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe.

Monitor Resolution: 43 inch Sony Bravia LCD

Additional Comments: Quiet PC preferred, im a fan of pretty colored lights too

Hi, im bad with hardware so i was wondering if you guys could check my proposed build and check for any flaws / weak points.

Seagate Barracuda 2TB
XFX RADEON HD 7950 Double Dissipation
Asus P8Z77-V Intel Mainboard - LGA 1155
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K - LGA 1155
Asus PCE-N10
Corsair HX-650
Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B)
NZXT Phantom 410 - Black
OCZ Petrol 128GB SSD

Is it possible to crossfire these cards in the future? also plan on expanding to more hard drives down the track, probably need a better psu, xfx 750w was suggested by the guy in the store, but idk if he is trying to rip me off.. thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about please check build
  1. Sorry, i didnt fill out the form, I've edited original post to include it.
  2. Everything looks ok. When you install that OCZ Petrol go online and check for any firmware updates.
  3. I would say that 16gb of RAM is a bit overkill for gaming, depends on how important that video editing is.

You will want a 750W power supply for future upgrades. 650W will work, but will have to buy another PSU if you crossfire and put in more hard drives.
  4. Since you're going with a Z77 Chipset Motherboard why are you getting a Core i5 2500K? The Core i5 3570K would be better because it has PCIe 3.0 built in and it is within a similar price range. http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/bx80637i53570k-intel-core-3570k-1155-p-57873.html?sort=2a

Also, the Radeon HD 7950 is a PCIe 3.0 capable card so you may as well use a PCIe 3.0 capable CPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems