Will this Bottleneck the 670?

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
OK so like the title says will the FX-8120 bottleneck a GTX 670 if I got one? i have the 8120 3.6ghz(dont know how to OC so that is just from the built in boost)

Thanks in advance!

If you overclock your CPU i know it won't for sure!But,if your not willing to learn how to oc your cpu i am not sure but i honestly think you would still be o.k i will ask my buddy tomorrow as he has the same cpu and a EVGA 670 FTW i can't ask him now as it's almost 11 p.m. where i am and hes already in bed.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

Ok thank you :D

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
OK sorry for the late reply(highschools a bitch :p)

mocchan-
I mean im not saying that im not willing to learn its just that i hate messing with the bios(killed my other computer :/[with a core 2duo and hd 5650 so not that much of a loss]) so if I have too I will learn but if it is not required then i dont think so

Bryanhowley-
what do you mean when you say 20X multiplier

20x Multiplier is a reference for overclocking :) If you're not very comfortable with it, I wouldn't worry about it. The FX-8150 performs just like a 2500k in most applications, so you wouldn't see too much of a bottleneck IMO.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

how about bf3... also how badly(fps) do you think that it affect it?

He told me it only bottlenecks on certain games without oc he forgot which ones but he said he remembers for sure Skyrim.I assume you are just going to be gaming on a single 1920x1200 or a single 2560x1600? on games without AA and his EVGA 670 FTW doesn't even break a sweat. Max everything and he go down to ~50 fps on average.Hes gaming on a single 2560x1600 btw.

Since OP already has the FX-8120, I would prefer not to mention other CPU options. However, the FX-81xx CPU's are actually quite capable in the gaming department once you OC.

Regardless, you'll be able to achieve playable framerates anyway :)

+1 should read the thread before jumping the gun otherwise your wasting your own as well OP time suggesting anything ;)

+1 I would agree because the new drivers and price drop there are now a few actually worth buying i would need to know which games you mostly play to give the better recommendation don't need no flame war starting i am not going there no worries :whistle: :lol: .

+1

Depends on the title as you have stated, any Nvidia sponsored games will obviously work better with a GTX670 :lol:

And don't worry, I don't intend on starting one either :D