Thinking of getting lga 2011 setup

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hey guys I have been hating my amd system fro some time now. Sc2 just kills my cpu.

current system

amd fx 8120 over clocked 4.3 gig's on water
16 gig's of 1866 g skill
nvidia gtx 580 evga sc overclocked
killer2100 nic
asus rog formula mother board
xfi ti sound card with 128 meg's of ram onboard
plextor 128 gig ssd newer verison
wd black 700 gig drive

So here is the deal Im thinking about going lga 2011 becuase lga 1155 is out the door. I would get i7-3820 with Intel BOXDX79SR or asus rampage formula mother board.

second option is piledriver my problem here is bulldozer has costed me games and fps. I have been with amd for about 10 years every cpu has been amd but im sarting to think its time to leave. I plan on runing sli 580's and not really a fan of the add on chip's to give intel lower cpu's more lanes. That's the main reason i used to love amd so much always had dual x16 sli and crossfire. Is it to soon to jump ship from amd or should i just look forward and get the intel setup? Also will haswell-e have a chance on lga 2011 or is ivy bridge the last stop?

I get very decent framerates on SC2 with an Athlon II X4 and an HD6850. If SC2 performance is your main reason for wanting to upgrade, I suggest it may be worth trying to read through some SC2 tweak guides to optimise your game performance.