6230 file transfer help

Last response: in Brands
May 16, 2004 3:04:13 AM

Hi,

I have just purchased a new 6230 and am trying (and thats the word) to
transfer a music file to the phone from my laptop. I only have an slow irda
connection at the moment. The file is 6396KB in size. I have an empty 32MB
MMC card in the phone, but I cannot get the Nokia Audio Manager to transfer
to the MMC. It keeps trying to transfer the file ot the Music Files folder
which obviously has only a small memory.

Can anyone help, its driving me mad.

Rich

More about : 6230 file transfer

May 16, 2004 3:44:20 AM

Rename the MMC, as at the moment it has no name then restart the phone, then
using Nokia phone browser in Windows Explorer copy it to the renamed MMC
folder.

You should also know that the music file must be less than 5MB and have ID3
tag removed to work.
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 12:53:30 PM

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Rename the MMC, as at the moment it has no name then restart the phone,
then
> using Nokia phone browser in Windows Explorer copy it to the renamed MMC
> folder.
>
> You should also know that the music file must be less than 5MB and have
ID3
> tag removed to work.

And you could always use a card writer/reader to transfer file - it's alot
quicker :)

cheers,

David
May 16, 2004 12:53:31 PM

Thanks for the info.

Rich

"The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Rename the MMC, as at the moment it has no name then restart the phone,
> then
> > using Nokia phone browser in Windows Explorer copy it to the renamed MMC
> > folder.
> >
> > You should also know that the music file must be less than 5MB and have
> ID3
> > tag removed to work.
> >

> And you could always use a card writer/reader to transfer file - it's alot
> quicker :)
>
> cheers,
>
> David

May 16, 2004 5:23:22 PM

depends how many different media cards you use, MMC and Sony Memory cards
:-|

waste of money buying one for every type you use
May 16, 2004 8:47:30 PM

Thanks for asking this question Madden, i was also confused over this. I had
already renamed the mmc but i'd not restarted the phone.

I don't seem to be restricted to 5mb files. The largest i've transferred so
far is 8mb via BT
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:45:05 AM

Joe wrote:
> depends how many different media cards you use, MMC and Sony Memory
> cards :-|
>
> waste of money buying one for every type you use

What about a 7-in-1 reader? http://tinyurl.com/2hrd8 for the internal model
from Ebuyer and http://tinyurl.com/2enre for the USB 2.0 version. They come
in handy...

HTH