6230 file transfer help

Hi,

I have just purchased a new 6230 and am trying (and thats the word) to
transfer a music file to the phone from my laptop. I only have an slow irda
connection at the moment. The file is 6396KB in size. I have an empty 32MB
MMC card in the phone, but I cannot get the Nokia Audio Manager to transfer
to the MMC. It keeps trying to transfer the file ot the Music Files folder
which obviously has only a small memory.

Can anyone help, its driving me mad.

Rich
6 answers Last reply
More about 6230 file transfer help

    Rename the MMC, as at the moment it has no name then restart the phone, then
    using Nokia phone browser in Windows Explorer copy it to the renamed MMC
    folder.

    You should also know that the music file must be less than 5MB and have ID3
    tag removed to work.

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Rename the MMC, as at the moment it has no name then restart the phone,
    then
    > using Nokia phone browser in Windows Explorer copy it to the renamed MMC
    > folder.
    >
    > You should also know that the music file must be less than 5MB and have
    ID3
    > tag removed to work.

    And you could always use a card writer/reader to transfer file - it's alot
    quicker :)

    cheers,

    David

    Thanks for the info.

    Rich

    "The Bach Pad" <ere_i_be-dont-want-spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Rename the MMC, as at the moment it has no name then restart the phone,
    > then
    > > using Nokia phone browser in Windows Explorer copy it to the renamed MMC
    > > folder.
    > >
    > > You should also know that the music file must be less than 5MB and have
    > ID3
    > > tag removed to work.
    > >

    > And you could always use a card writer/reader to transfer file - it's alot
    > quicker :)
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David

    depends how many different media cards you use, MMC and Sony Memory cards
    :-|

    waste of money buying one for every type you use

    Thanks for asking this question Madden, i was also confused over this. I had
    already renamed the mmc but i'd not restarted the phone.

    I don't seem to be restricted to 5mb files. The largest i've transferred so
    far is 8mb via BT

    Joe wrote:
    > depends how many different media cards you use, MMC and Sony Memory
    > cards :-|
    >
    > waste of money buying one for every type you use

    What about a 7-in-1 reader? http://tinyurl.com/2hrd8 for the internal model
    from Ebuyer and http://tinyurl.com/2enre for the USB 2.0 version. They come
    in handy...

    HTH