Radeon 6850 (Eyefinity): No triple display (Not adapter problem)

shailesh50

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hey all,

I have a Radeon 6850 card and would like to enable 3 monitors to work simultaneously. In the Catalyst Control Center, I can get any two to work fine, so the problem isn't the monitors or cables, but if I try to extend the desktop onto a third monitor I get "Unable to save display settings."

I have purchased an "AMD Eyefinity Validated Dongle"(http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx), which adapts a Mini DisplayPort to a DisplayPort (Accell B112B-001B).

My other two monitors are connected via DVI and HDMI (both passive) to the graphics card (Radeon 6850). I am running Windows 7 (64-bit). My monitors include 2 Asus monitors and 1 Samsung Plasma tv.

I have just updated to the latest Catalyst Control Center (version 2012.0214.2218.39913).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sunny

Does your card have 2 DVI ports? I have the 6950 and on my card I have 2 mini Display ports HDMI and DVI on the first row and another DVI just below the first. To run 3 or more displays I can't use the bottom DVI and the HDMI as they are shared. If the layout on your card is the same make sure you use the DVI port on the top row.

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
To set up the Eyefinity, use the two DVI ports and an active MiniDP to Single-DVI adapter. This is the way to do it.

If you need an adapter, PM me. I just happen to be selling one that I was using on my 6950. Works great. :)

shailesh50

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

Yes my card does have two DVI ports. Based on your suggestion, I swithced the DVI port to the top (as my DVI was connected next to the hdmi on the bottom). It still did not help, even though I thought it would work. Thank you for the suggestion.