Computer keeps shutting down

Hi guys,

I'm updating my old machine, i bought i new CPU and motherboard, i connected everything and in the beginning it was working fine I could turn it on and stuff. But since the first time i noticed that it was a little bit slow loading the pages, but i thought it was because of the drivers, I installed everything and then i started to copy my old files back (I formatted the computer) and then it shut down, and restarted on its own without any warning. after it was on i tried to copy and again it shut down. I thought it could be the power supply that it was too weak (580W) so I went to buy a new one (700W). When i connected the new power supply. it lasted around 40 minutes and then it shut down again. after this it took a while to turn on it was always shutting down when the windows logo pops up. then finally it started and i let it stay just opened on the desktop to see if it would shut down but nothing, I even saw some videos on YouTube, when to play some weak games on Facebook and it was holding but as soon as i started copy something it shut down, and now it doesn't even turn on. Any ideas?

My computer:

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO
CPU: AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8150
Memory: Geil Evo Corsa (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz
PSU: Ezcool 700W Infinity
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon XFX HD 6770 1GB DDR5

Thank you for the help
2 answers Last reply
More about computer shutting down
  1. Ask vivi, he know where is the problem
  2. The power supply might be failing or overheating might be occouring, check your temps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components