Sign in with
Your question

Computer keeps shutting down

Last response: in Components
August 29, 2012 9:16:44 AM

Hi guys,

I'm updating my old machine, i bought i new CPU and motherboard, i connected everything and in the beginning it was working fine I could turn it on and stuff. But since the first time i noticed that it was a little bit slow loading the pages, but i thought it was because of the drivers, I installed everything and then i started to copy my old files back (I formatted the computer) and then it shut down, and restarted on its own without any warning. after it was on i tried to copy and again it shut down. I thought it could be the power supply that it was too weak (580W) so I went to buy a new one (700W). When i connected the new power supply. it lasted around 40 minutes and then it shut down again. after this it took a while to turn on it was always shutting down when the windows logo pops up. then finally it started and i let it stay just opened on the desktop to see if it would shut down but nothing, I even saw some videos on YouTube, when to play some weak games on Facebook and it was holding but as soon as i started copy something it shut down, and now it doesn't even turn on. Any ideas?

My computer:

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO
CPU: AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8150
Memory: Geil Evo Corsa (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz
PSU: Ezcool 700W Infinity
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon XFX HD 6770 1GB DDR5

Thank you for the help

More about : computer shutting

August 29, 2012 10:02:59 AM

Ask vivi, he know where is the problem
August 29, 2012 4:24:01 PM

The power supply might be failing or overheating might be occouring, check your temps.
!