Sign in with
Your question

Geforce gtx 460 not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 9, 2012 6:17:52 AM

1.GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
2.EVGA 01G-P3-1361-KR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
3.Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
4.OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
5. monitor compaq wf1907

i use a vga on the monitor, the card want a dvi (doesnt matter which). it doesnt work with either dva-vga converter or dvi-d

already sent the card back, got a new one, does same thing, after i boot, i get the beep, the cards fan is working, but NO SIGNAL IN THE MONITOR, NOTHING !!! :pfff: 
March 9, 2012 6:20:19 AM

sorry for the grammar im kinda mad and tired :( 
m
l
March 9, 2012 6:35:57 AM

Are you 100% sure the monitor works? Are you sure you put the graphics card in the top most PCI x16 slot? You cannot put the card in the second slot and boot from it (on most boards at least I am not going to take the time to research if they changed this) Did you ensure to plug the proper power connections into the card? Can you use a second card and see if it will work? If your unable to get results from any of these things I would say your motherboard is actually DOA and it isn't the cards fault.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 6:36:58 AM

that motherboard has a different pcie slot right? try installing the card in a different slot
m
l
March 9, 2012 11:26:30 AM

eggbrook said:
Are you 100% sure the monitor works? Are you sure you put the graphics card in the top most PCI x16 slot? You cannot put the card in the second slot and boot from it (on most boards at least I am not going to take the time to research if they changed this) Did you ensure to plug the proper power connections into the card? Can you use a second card and see if it will work? If your unable to get results from any of these things I would say your motherboard is actually DOA and it isn't the cards fault.

yea the monitor works, i have it on right now lol.
i tried in all pci 16 slots, has the proper connections, and the mob works (plugged in with the hdmi and get signal in the monitor)

m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 11:55:39 AM

Can you find the card in your Device manager? What video card are you using to look at the monitor now? Did you install the drivers?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 12:07:27 PM

ok, i have a GTX 460 and it boots from both PCI-e slots, dosnt mather... (asus mobo). The question is: did you connect the 2 extra PCI-e power cables (6 pins from the PSU)?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 12:09:30 PM

DelroyMonjo said:
Can you find the card in your Device manager? What video card are you using to look at the monitor now? Did you install the drivers?

realy? you are a veteran here...the guy says that when he boots he dosnt get any signal on the monitor and you ask if he can see the card in device manager or if he installed the drivers... maybe you didnt read the whole details? ^^
m
l
!