Sign in with
Your question

Need Help with a Gaming PC.

Last response: in Systems
May 12, 2012 2:20:15 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Anytime in the near future, no definitive date.

Budget Range: Between the $1400-$2000 mark

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, gaming and more gaming. Games like BF3 and many many new MMO's
Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: From Australia so just tell me part names

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, I'm not a GPU fanboy so AMD or Nvidia as long as it'll run everything and keep the build in a normal price range.

Overclocking: Possibly, I'm new to this kind of thing but I'm sure with some advice I can pick up on it.

SLI or Crossfire: In the future possibly so I need a Mobo that will allow for future expansion and also a case that will do that aswell.

Monitor Resolution: Right now I'm on a 1440x900 and chances are I'll have that for quite a while but in the future after the build I will end up buying a 24" 1920x1080 monitor.

Additional Comments: Not fussed about noise, how it looks or any stupid aesthetics. I have headphones on 24/7 so makes no difference.

Of course I haven't come on here without doing ANY research.
The parts I was thinking but I'm open for criticism.

Case: Cooler Master HAF X (for future expansion)
CPU: Not quite sure anymore
Mobo: Need some huge amount of advice for this
RAM: Probably just 8GB Corsair Vengeance.
GPU: A GTX670 of some description or if there's enough room to not go over the budget a GTX680. Also if I were to SLI the 670 or 680 what PSU would I need.
PSU: Thinking a Corsair 750W Gold
Cooling: Cooler Master 212 hyper evo still I'm open for suggestions on this.

More about : gaming

!