Solved

My WiFi Internet connection drops every few hours

I am in Chicago area, using Comcast Xfinity. I have a WiFi Linksys. I am using a Macbook Silver. This has begun recently, every few hours, the internet connection will drop. The only way I can get it back up is to unplug the wifi and plug it back. It has become so annoying. I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wifi internet connection drops hours
  1. Best answer
    skyambler said:
    I am in Chicago area, using Comcast Xfinity. I have a WiFi Linksys. I am using a Macbook Silver. This has begun recently, every few hours, the internet connection will drop. The only way I can get it back up is to unplug the wifi and plug it back. It has become so annoying. I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Did you check for any powersaving setting that might interfere?
  2. enkidoe said:
    Did you check for any powersaving setting that might interfere?

Thank you for that great suggestion. I have changed the option where it says "put the hd to sleep after...." on my MacBook Prefs. Now I will try it for the next few days and see if this is what is causing it.
  3. @ Enkidoe, So far your suggestion has worked. I am so excited with this change. Thank you much!
    @ Matt_Chris - Thanks for that link, it is extremely helpful!
  4. Best answer selected by skyambler.
  5. skyambler said:
    @ Enkidoe, So far your suggestion has worked. I am so excited with this change. Thank you much!
    @ Matt_Chris - Thanks for that link, it is extremely helpful!

perfect, thanks for the feedback.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration WiFi and Home Networking Internet Connection Wireless Networking