XP Home changing start-up of programs for user

Hello group,

I've bought a game from EA games that has trouble with my
CD-burning software.
It says that CD emulation programs must be disabled.

Now I try to make a useraccount with these programs
disabled.
When I use systeminfo I see that start-up of programs has
some programs, f.i. Easy CD creator, enabled for all users.
I would like to change that. So I would like to change the
start-up for a user.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Regards, léon hoeneveld
2 answers Last reply
More about home changing start programs user

    Hi Leon,

    Remove it from All Users and from the Current User Runkeys.

    --
    Happy Holidays,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:36:02 -0600, "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:

    >"Leon" <leonhoen@antispam.zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> I've bought a game from EA games that has trouble with my
    >> CD-burning software.
    >> It says that CD emulation programs must be disabled.
    >>
    >> Now I try to make a useraccount with these programs
    >> disabled.
    >> When I use systeminfo I see that start-up of programs has
    >> some programs, f.i. Easy CD creator, enabled for all users.
    >> I would like to change that. So I would like to change the
    >> start-up for a user.
    >>
    >> How can I do that?

    <top posting corrected.>

    >Hi Leon,
    >
    >Remove it from All Users and from the Current User Runkeys.

    That probably won't work. Most of the new games that check for emulation
    software are looking for either DaemonTools or Alcohol. Uninstalling
    these doesn't necessarily solve the problem because sometimes they leave
    registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE or
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software.

    I'd suggest trying to uninstall these first (if they are currently
    installed) before uninstalling other CD Burning software. If they have
    been installed in the past or if uninstalling them doesn't work, you can
    either manually remove their keys from the registry or use a tool like
    RegCleaner <http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html> to do this.

    If that's too difficult just get a "no cd" crack. Then you can install
    your game and play it without even having the CD in the drive.
    http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/