New user

My grandchildren will be visiting and using my computer. I want to limit
their access to a few programs. How can I do this? Will setting up a
separate User do it?
2 answers Last reply
More about user

    Mark B wrote:
    > My grandchildren will be visiting and using my computer. I want to limit
    > their access to a few programs. How can I do this? Will setting up a
    > separate User do it?

    Sure it will. Set them up as a limited user. if theres any specific
    programs you dont want them to have access to just delete the program
    shortcuts from their account.

    --
    Best Wishes from Martin

    So many questions, so few answers.

    Just to clarify..
    When you are in the limited user accounts, the shortcuts used to start the
    program are specific to that Limited Account. Therefore, deleting the
    shortcuts will not remove the shortcuts on your regular login.

    I'm sure that may of been obvious but I thought I would throw that in
    anyway.

    "Martin" <martin.s@dsl.pipexdotcom> wrote in message
    > Mark B wrote:
    > > My grandchildren will be visiting and using my computer. I want to
    limit
    > > their access to a few programs. How can I do this? Will setting up a
    > > separate User do it?
    > >

    > Sure it will. Set them up as a limited user. if theres any specific
    > programs you dont want them to have access to just delete the program
    > shortcuts from their account.
    >

    > --
    > Best Wishes from Martin
    >
    > So many questions, so few answers.

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP