New user

December 19, 2004 3:41:23 PM

My grandchildren will be visiting and using my computer. I want to limit
their access to a few programs. How can I do this? Will setting up a
separate User do it?

More about : user

December 19, 2004 10:06:17 PM

Mark B wrote:
> My grandchildren will be visiting and using my computer. I want to limit
> their access to a few programs. How can I do this? Will setting up a
> separate User do it?

Sure it will. Set them up as a limited user. if theres any specific
programs you dont want them to have access to just delete the program
shortcuts from their account.

--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 3:00:39 AM

Just to clarify..
When you are in the limited user accounts, the shortcuts used to start the
program are specific to that Limited Account. Therefore, deleting the
shortcuts will not remove the shortcuts on your regular login.

I'm sure that may of been obvious but I thought I would throw that in
anyway.

!