Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I5-3570k running too hot at stock?

Last response: in CPUs
August 29, 2012 6:34:21 PM

I just built a new pc with the i5-3570k about a week ago with a Hyper 212 Plus in a Corsair Obsidian 650D case (stock fans), and I'm getting idle temps around 30-35c, load temps around 50-55c in Guild Wars 2, and load temps around 63-67c after 20 minutes of Prime95 testing all at stock settings (3.4Ghz).. I'm a little worried, but I have been reading that ivy bridge does tend to run pretty hot. Am I being too worried? Is it a matter of letting the thermal paste settle for longer? Should I think about reapplying the thermal paste? I'd like to overclock to about 4.2Ghz in the future but I'm a little hesitant right now because of these temps.. Any thoughts?

CPU temps are being monitored via Core Temp. Ambient temps are around 25c.

Best solution

a c 190 à CPUs
August 29, 2012 7:04:24 PM

You temperatures are good and there is nothing to be worried about. At stock speeds wouldn't see any of the extra heat until you start to overclock and turn up the voltage.

I would guess that you used the thermal paste that came with the 212 + by changing that you might get another couple degrees out it but that is about it. You could also add another 120mm fan to it in a push pull and push the temps down a little more.
August 30, 2012 1:09:39 AM

Best answer selected by Afterglo.
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:09:59 AM

IntelEnthusiast said:
You temperatures are good and there is nothing to be worried about. At stock speeds wouldn't see any of the extra heat until you start to overclock and turn up the voltage.

I would guess that you used the thermal paste that came with the 212 + by changing that you might get another couple degrees out it but that is about it. You could also add another 120mm fan to it in a push pull and push the temps down a little more.

Thanks, I guess I was just worried over nothing. I went ahead and overclocked to 4.2Ghz at around .064 under stock voltage and it's been holding up in Prime95 for the last couple hours at around 59-67c max.
m
l
!