$2500 Gaming/Recording/Editing /w peripherals

Hey guys, going to build a PC for the purpose of gaming, recording (Fraps or DxTory) and editing the footage.

Thank you for any comments/input!

Comments:
Around $2500
I live in Denmark, the stuff is more expensive here.
If you have other parts to suggest, please feel free to add them. I will check the price difference.

Approximate Purchase Date:
Most parts right now (~today), because they're on sale. Rest will be waiting for the GPU to restock and parts to potentially drop in price.

Budget Range:
Just around $2500 - All included.

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Gaming
Recording gaming
Editing recorded gaming footage

Parts Not Required:
A secondary hard drive. (2 or more is best for recording)
Everything else is needed, that includes peripherals.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
Komplett.dk (site that I will most likely buy my most stuff from, they tend to be cheap)
Edbpriser.dk (price checker/comparison)
Pricerunner.dk (price checker)

Country:
Denmark

Parts Preferences:
Intel CPU
NVIDIA GPU

Overclocking:
Yes

SLI or Crossfire:
Maybe, doubt it. I don't really want to deal with microstuttering and stuff.

Monitor Resolution:
1920x1080

Additional Comments:
I just want the PC to be able to record 1080 ultra flawlessly with PROPER outcome.

-----
This is what I've found so far:

CPU:
i5-3570k
or i5-3770k (expensive)
or i5-2500k (last gen..)

CPU cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
OR
Noctua ND-H14. (Cooling on the 3570k?

Motherboard:
ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Memory:
Crucial BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 2x 4gb CL9-9-9-24

Hard drive:
Seagate Barracuda 1TB, SATA III, 7200rpm /w 64mb cache

SSD:
Intel 520 120GB 550/500

Video Card:
MSI GeForce GTX 680 2gb Twin Frozr III

Case:
Corsair Carbide 500r

Power supply:
XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 650W PSU Modular

Monitor:
BenQ XL2420T

Keyboard:
Corsair Vengeance K90 Performance Cherry MX Red

Mouse:
Deathadder Black

Misc:
Antistatic armchain
Steelseries Qck Heavy
10 answers Last reply
More about 2500 gaming recording editing peripherals
  1. I would go for exactly what you picked, with the i5-3570K and the Noctua NH-D14. That should be excellent for your usage.
  2. That sounds great! Thanks a lot
    Anyone else up for commenting?
  3. It looks good. But if you use mostly DXTory you will probably get the least amount of dips in framerate while recording if you get an i7 because it can use all of your cores. Just something to think about...
  4. So I should consider a 3770k?
  5. Seems that I can't edit my post, got another question


    Is more than 8gb of ram necessary/recommended for a build with a purpose like this?
  6. You should consider the 2600k and 3770k.

    And 8gb is enough for your usage. 16gb's will help (but is not necessary) when you edit videos.
  7. Kairx said:
    So I should consider a 3770k?

    This XFX 550w psu will easily push that 680 with power left over.

    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=657685 499
    XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W PSU

    Here's some boards meant for a single card build.

    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=746643 990
    ASUS P8Z77-M PRO, Socket-1155

    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=746628 1.090
    ASUS P8Z77-V LE, Socket-1155
  8. Why_Me said:
    This XFX 550w psu will easily push that 680 with power left over.

    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=657685 499
    XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W PSU

    Here's some boards meant for a single card build.

    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=746643 990
    ASUS P8Z77-M PRO, Socket-1155

    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=746628 1.090
    ASUS P8Z77-V LE, Socket-1155

    Yeah, I thought the 550 would be enough, but I wasn't sure and the PSU calculator I was using went wrong a couple of times.
    Adding the 550 and giving the motherboards a look.
    Thanks!

    ----
    The i5-3570k is $294
    The i7-3770k is $417
    The i7-2600k is $370
    What would you suggest? The i7 seems quite expensive, compared to the i5, when "all" they add is hyperthreading. Is it worth that much?
  9. Kairx said:
    Yeah, I thought the 550 would be enough, but I wasn't sure and the PSU calculator I was using went wrong a couple of times.
    Adding the 550 and giving the motherboards a look.
    Thanks!

    ----
    The i5-3570k is $294
    The i7-3770k is $417
    The i7-2600k is $370
    What would you suggest? The i7 seems quite expensive, compared to the i5, when "all" they add is hyperthreading. Is it worth that much?

    For gaming you want the 3570K. Also I would take a look at the gtx 670.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5818/nvidia-geforce-gtx-670-review-feat-evga <----- review w/benchmarks of the gtx 670
  10. Why_Me said:
    For gaming you want the 3570K. Also I would take a look at the gtx 670.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5818/nvidia-geforce-gtx-670-review-feat-evga <----- review w/benchmarks of the gtx 670

    Is that with overclocking in mind? I really do NOT want heating problems, as my current PC, a laptop, shuts down after 30 minutes of use due to heat.
    Thanks, the 670 is actually in stock, might just go with that!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems