Start Menu items not persistant

Hi

My problem is that items pinned to my start menu will not persist from one
log off to the next log on. The task bar keeps reseting also - quick launch
will lose content as well.

For example I deselect the 'show email app' option in the start menu and
when I log on again it has reappeared. Any items pinned to the start menu
also disappear. The 'All programs' menu performs OK.

I have tied creating a new administrator account but it has made no
difference.

I've Just upgraded to SP2 and have all relevent updates installed.

I have customised the 'My Documents' link to point to a separate hard drive
on my system. The documents and settings folder is still in its original
position on my main drive.

More about start menu items persistant

    "Ian_McK_50" <Ian_McK_50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    | Hi
    |
    | My problem is that items pinned to my start menu will not persist from one
    | log off to the next log on. The task bar keeps reseting also - quick launch
    | will lose content as well.
    |
    | For example I deselect the 'show email app' option in the start menu and
    | when I log on again it has reappeared. Any items pinned to the start menu
    | also disappear. The 'All programs' menu performs OK.
    |
    | I have tied creating a new administrator account but it has made no
    | difference.
    |
    | I've Just upgraded to SP2 and have all relevent updates installed.
    |
    | I have customised the 'My Documents' link to point to a separate hard drive
    | on my system. The documents and settings folder is still in its original
    | position on my main drive.
    |
    | Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

Configuration Start Menu Customization Windows XP