Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASUS 7970 eyefinity help!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 9, 2012 5:52:04 PM

Hi,

I am going to purchase an asus 7970 dc2t (http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/HD7970DC2...) soon but I have a few questions

My monitors are an acer b273h in the middle (VGA DVI and HDMI ports), and my 2 on the sides are acer s273hl(VGA and HDMI ports)

I was wondering in what setup would I run eyefinity with my monitors?

Also what adapters might I need (I have 2x VGA to DVI adapters already)?

Thanks

Dan

More about : asus 7970 eyefinity

Best solution

a b C Monitor
March 9, 2012 8:15:24 PM

It won't matter what order you have the monitors, as long as they're the same resolution. You will, however, need an adapter, as Eyefinity will only allow for 2 "legacy" connections. You'll need to pick up a Displayport to DVI active adapter. I picked up mine on eBay for about $25. Try not to use the VGA connection at all. My current setup is DVI, HDMI, and then my DisplayPort to DVI connection.

EDIT: Here's the adapter you'll need, since your card of choice doesn't happen to provide one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-MA-AP01-PD1K-Active-Display...

I got mine from the same buyer. Got it pretty quick!
March 16, 2012 4:06:52 AM

Best answer selected by GamerIDGoesHere.
Score
Related resources
April 6, 2012 6:17:21 PM

heya. I'm having weird problem here as well and was wondering if someone could help me.
I've got 3 acer s273hl.
Here are current connection CARD->adapter(s)->monitor
1. DVI -> dvi to vga adapter -> vga cable to vga in monitor
2. HDMI -> hdmi cable to monitor
3. mini display port -> active mini display port to DVI adapter -> DVI to HDMI adapter -> HDMI cable to monitor

Now I couldn't attach DVI to vga adapter and then connect VGA to VGA in monitor as in number 1 case, as somehow DVI to VGA adapters can't fit DVI on active adapter!

Ok now the thing is that I've got all 3 monitors working but from time to time my monitor that is connected over minidisplay port is blanking on and off.
Less in windows environment but really frequently in games or when 3d software window is on it.

Any ideas what is going on??

Score
a b C Monitor
April 6, 2012 6:22:26 PM

I think it may be the VGA connection giving you problems. It's normally suggested to avoid VGA with EyeFinity.
Score
April 6, 2012 6:24:16 PM

bu tmonitor that giving me prolbem is going to active adapter over dvi to HDMI then with hdmi cable to monitor, not vga.
Score
!