Enermax 600w Noisetaker

Diabetic1

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I just bought this PSU after my old one blew (3 days of use and a 580W good quality PSU dies ......) and was a bit concerned about the general poor quality of the power connectors, mainly the SATA connections. Is it just that I have recieved a PSU from a 'bad batch' or are all of 'em like this? For an expensive PSU I would have thought the quality would be top notch, and yet I have great difficulty plugging any of the connections into one another as they seem sort of 'flaky' (shoddy), where as my previous PSU's were quick 5 min setup jobs. I even had to resort to using old SATA connecters from my first PSU simply because I don't want to apply so much force to connect my HDD's (as it seems that the force required is ridiculously excessive).

So, anyone else have probs with this PSU, or just myself?

Cheers.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I have that PSU, not using it currently, but never had any problems with it. Especially not with the sata power connectors.... that's just strange. I always find the 4 pin molex connectors to fans annoying as you always have to jiggle them a little to make them line up but beyond that never had any problems with PSU's (knock on wood).

Brands I have bought: Enermax, Antec, Silverstone.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I have that PSU, not using it currently, but never had any problems with it. Especially not with the sata power connectors.... that's just strange. I always find the 4 pin molex connectors to fans annoying as you always have to jiggle them a little to make them line up but beyond that never had any problems with PSU's (knock on wood).

Brands I have bought: Enermax, Antec, Silverstone.

im with waylander thats a good PSU. i dunno what the issue is.

Might i recommend u RAM and get the Fortron Source 700w. 160 dollars :)