Powertoys for XP - Tweak UI

Additional to the grief I experienced after downloading and installing
Windows XP SP2, there's none been more painful than the inability for the
Tweak UI add-in download to even open. I receive the error message "Entry
point not found - The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be
located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I've found this
particular add-in to be most useful over the years, and I realise that MS
does not support it, but how can I possibly retrieve this wonderful add-in ?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kelly

You may not have the correct version installed. See line 246 (right hand
side):

Other than that, what exactly are you needing TweakUI for? Perhaps, I can
help.

--
Happy Holidays,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"eveneden" <eveneden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Additional to the grief I experienced after downloading and installing
> Windows XP SP2, there's none been more painful than the inability for the
> Tweak UI add-in download to even open. I receive the error message "Entry
> point not found - The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be
> located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I've found this
> particular add-in to be most useful over the years, and I realise that MS
> does not support it, but how can I possibly retrieve this wonderful add-in
> ?
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

Have you downloaded the correct version for XP:

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"eveneden" <eveneden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Additional to the grief I experienced after downloading and installing
> Windows XP SP2, there's none been more painful than the inability for the
> Tweak UI add-in download to even open. I receive the error message "Entry
> point not found - The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be
> located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I've found this
> particular add-in to be most useful over the years, and I realise that MS
> does not support it, but how can I possibly retrieve this wonderful add-in
> ?
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"eveneden" <eveneden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| Additional to the grief I experienced after downloading and installing
| Windows XP SP2, there's none been more painful than the inability for the
| Tweak UI add-in download to even open. I receive the error message "Entry
| point not found - The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be
| located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I've found this
| particular add-in to be most useful over the years, and I realise that MS
| does not support it, but how can I possibly retrieve this wonderful add-in ?
| Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In Windows Explorer, right-click the TweakUI file which you had
downloaded > Properties

What are the following:

/General\
filename: