Sign in with
Your question

[Semi-Solved] CPU Overheating, No Display After Overheating

Last response: in CPUs
a c 78 à CPUs
August 29, 2012 10:17:50 PM

What CPU are your running?

What cooling solution are you using on the CPU?

August 29, 2012 10:18:19 PM

After a nice discussion with a local Geek Squad member, he directed me to re-apply thermal paste to my CPU. I have done so and it seems to have solved the overheating problem. In the meantime, I still seem to be having display issues possibly due to slight motherboard damage. I'll be opening up a new thread in the MOBO subforum to address this. Thank you all for your insight and opinions!
August 29, 2012 10:56:04 PM

Z1NONLY said:
What CPU are your running?

What cooling solution are you using on the CPU?

CPU is in the OP, as for cooling solution I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Are you refering to the thermal paste or the heatsink?
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
August 30, 2012 2:09:01 AM

TheBoxman said:
CPU is in the OP, as for cooling solution I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Are you refering to the thermal paste or the heatsink?

Yes, I see you added the CPU to your OP, thanks.

As for the cooling solution, I was referring to the heat-sink.

At this point it could be moot though.

It's unlikely that you have two bad GPU's, but if you still have the old one you could try it and test.

However, your description of what led up to this leads me to suspect the CPU and/or the motherboard is damaged. (leaning toward the CPU at this point)

August 30, 2012 2:32:48 AM

Z1NONLY said:
Yes, I see you added the CPU to your OP, thanks.

As for the cooling solution, I was referring to the heat-sink.

At this point it could be moot though.

It's unlikely that you have two bad GPU's, but if you still have the old one you could try it and test.

However, your description of what led up to this leads me to suspect the CPU and/or the motherboard is damaged. (leaning toward the CPU at this point)

I see. Is there any way for me to verify which is malfunctioning specifically?
August 30, 2012 8:32:38 PM

See OP.
!