Sign in with
Your question

New built PC experiencing occasional BSOD

Last response: in Systems
May 12, 2012 5:54:44 PM

Hello everyone, I just recently built my first computer, here are some of the specs:

I7-2700k processor
Radeon HD 6870 Graphics Card
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard
8GB's of Mushkin RAM

I am currently running Windows 7 64bit OS and upon my first installation I was experiencing some memory dump BSODs, I ran HDtune to see if my hard drive was healthy and it passed, I also ran Memtest to check my RAM and it also passed, but i couldn't install all of the windows updates so i decided to reformat yesterday and start fresh.

The second time I rebooted after installing every little driver (motherboard chipset drivers, realtek HD audio driver, USB drivers etc) and everything went smooth and I was able to install all of the windows updates as well. So I installed all my programs and installed Starcraft 2 and played for a solid three hours last night with no problems, ran a few stress test with intel burn and I have very stable temperatures so all looked well. However when I woke up this morning i had another BSOD that I'd never seen yet, so I rebooted and Windows suggested I'd do a system restore to a certain point that might have caused the error, so I did and the only thing different was that windows had uninstalled Starcraft 2. I'm currently reinstalling as I type this but I am pretty confused and worried, can someone shed some light on what might be going on?

PS. I'll apologize now, I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world, like I said this is my first desktop PC. Thanks in advance for understanding :)  :) 
May 12, 2012 8:22:49 PM

hello;

what is the message written when you have bsod, also it might be the hdd, check the connections, or try putting it in another port.

regards...
Related resources
May 12, 2012 9:09:14 PM

Augscura said:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreen1.gif

It looks very similar to this if I remember correctly, if it happens again I will take a picture. Thanks for responding! Really means alot.

hello;

you are welcome, anyhow check the connections are all locked up in it's place, and if it happens again you can google the error message or ask about it here in the forum.

good luck with your new build...

regards...
a b B Homebuilt system
May 12, 2012 9:44:39 PM

you got a hardware issue check with the microsoft compatibility for your win 7
May 18, 2012 3:21:25 PM

Hey guys, just an update, I've been experiencing less BSOD's but I still occasionally get them. I checked the compatibility and everything is compatible. =/
May 18, 2012 5:02:51 PM

Just had a BSOD now. It said "system service exception"

Also this was in the error report.

roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF960000558DE
BCP3: FFFFF88003D6E720
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
May 19, 2012 6:16:13 PM

Ok so I ran memtest again just because I have nothing to lsoe at this point and I got an error this time. Does that mean it is the RAM?
a b B Homebuilt system
May 20, 2012 2:50:07 AM

if ram give error in memtest and these are dual kit ask for rma good ram do not give error
!