Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPUID

Last response: in Systems
May 12, 2012 7:50:15 PM

Hello;

i have a p55-ud3 mobo, when i am transferring files from one partition to another , or from hdd to usb , tmpin2 goes as high as 89c, although it idles @ 32c when finished transferring, cpu(i5-760) cores reach 47c at highest, hdd reach 39c highest , so it is not cpu temp or bad sensor because it idles normally.

can anyone help with what is going on ?!

regards...

More about : cpuid

a c 118 B Homebuilt system
a c 78 à CPUs
May 12, 2012 8:26:27 PM

The core temp is the one you want to pay attention to, and 47c is perfectly fine.
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 143 à CPUs
May 12, 2012 8:42:29 PM

When transferring files very little work is done by the CPU, almost all of the work is done by the controller hub which is what's heating up.
Related resources
May 12, 2012 9:01:42 PM

Pinhedd said:
When transferring files very little work is done by the CPU, almost all of the work is done by the controller hub which is what's heating up.

hello;

thanks for replying, so is there anything i could do to prevent controller hub from overheating?, and is it normal?

regards...

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 143 à CPUs
May 12, 2012 9:19:12 PM

I'm actually pretty sceptical that it's hitting 89 degrees. It should heat up but not that much.

Thermal diodes are notorious for being wonky and since there's no standard way to properly report temperatures to the operating system or monitoring software a lot of generic software such as CPUID will misreport motherboard temperatures. If you're concerned (and you probably should be) you should call Gigabyte and see what monitoring software they recommend you use.
May 12, 2012 9:37:46 PM

Best answer selected by jhafner.
!