jhafner

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Hello;

i have a p55-ud3 mobo, when i am transferring files from one partition to another , or from hdd to usb , tmpin2 goes as high as 89c, although it idles @ 32c when finished transferring, cpu(i5-760) cores reach 47c at highest, hdd reach 39c highest , so it is not cpu temp or bad sensor because it idles normally.

can anyone help with what is going on ?!

regards...

Solution
I'm actually pretty sceptical that it's hitting 89 degrees. It should heat up but not that much.

Thermal diodes are notorious for being wonky and since there's no standard way to properly report temperatures to the operating system or monitoring software a lot of generic software such as CPUID will misreport motherboard temperatures. If you're concerned (and you probably should be) you should call Gigabyte and see what monitoring software they recommend you use.

jhafner

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011

hello;

thanks for replying, so is there anything i could do to prevent controller hub from overheating?, and is it normal?

regards...

I'm actually pretty sceptical that it's hitting 89 degrees. It should heat up but not that much.

Thermal diodes are notorious for being wonky and since there's no standard way to properly report temperatures to the operating system or monitoring software a lot of generic software such as CPUID will misreport motherboard temperatures. If you're concerned (and you probably should be) you should call Gigabyte and see what monitoring software they recommend you use.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS