Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • AMD
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 9, 2012 11:04:47 PM

Hi, I’m looking to get new graphics card in the near future as part of a big pc upgrade (I’m also getting a new mobo and i5 ivy bridge when it is released) but I’m really unsure on what card to go for iv being look around the internet and reading reviews and looking at the specs but I’m still unsure, I’m not sure whether to go for the new AMD 7000 series or the NVidia Kepler cards,

I know its early to get a definitive answer because the new NVidia cards haven’t being released yet but I would like some idea of what direction to look.
The new 7000 series has quad HD and I’m sure that the Kepler card will include this to although the monitors are not ready for it, it would be nice to have it ready as I would like this card to last me for a good few years .

Also as I’m going down the Intel rout for a possessor I was wondering whether it works better with an AMD or NVidia although this might be irrelevant.
Finally the price, I’m looking to spend between £150 - £250 and I hear that NVidia cards are better value for money, is this true?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any answers in advance tom.

More about : amd nvidia

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 9, 2012 11:15:29 PM

Well its all speculation but The new Nv cads are supposed to Own now dont take my word wait till they are out but dont get anything till you at least see the comp. just a few weeks away then pick.

Thent
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2012 12:12:25 AM

different games are optimized for different cards, so you will need to check the benchmarks for the games you intend to play.
Generally speaking AMD has a better value, while nVidia tends to have more raw horse power. Also, nVidia has CUDA which is a handy tool for people who do a lot of video and productivity work, but that is entirely useless for gamers. nVidia also has PhysX, which is really awesome, but not supported by most games.
On the other hand AMD has better multi monitor support, and tends to have less of a performance hit at super high resolutions.

However, these are all generalities and you need to check benchmarks for specifics.
Related resources
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 10, 2012 2:20:26 AM

If you are buying now, while kepler is still in the dark, you can wait until mid-march to go and buy Pictarin cards 7870 and 7850. Benchmark in Tom's said the gaming performance of these is awesome, with high efficiency and price to performance, which I think will be on your budget. But if you're buying later, we don't know yet as there is no benchmark head to head Kepler vs Pictarin, so we don't know what to suggest. So in conclusion, it depends on you :) .
Score
March 10, 2012 11:02:32 AM

Best answer selected by mercer95.
Score