Triple CFX?

DM186

Splendid
Yes you can Just make sure your PSU supports CF and It is enough power. Alos make sure the CPU will not have problems keeping up with the GPU's. I asume that the MOBO will support CF'ing?

Another problem you could run into is your MOBO has 3 PCIe slots that one of the slots are to close to one or the other. Like my MOBO I have three PCIe slots but one is to close to the other one.

So putting 3 double space cards won't work. Just food for thought. If you wouldn't mind when asking questions on here to please post your or your clients spec's It helps us to get you going in the right direction. Good luck to you.

badoosh

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
AMD Phenom II 980 @ 3.7Ghz
8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX T1 1600Mhz Ram (2x4GB)
Silverstone Stryder 850w 80+ Gold PSU
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX Motherboard
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
Silverstone Raven RV01 Case

I don't know why the client wants 3-way 5750's I recommended just a single 6970 but he wants three 5750's. Maybe its a "just to see what happens" kind of deal.

Its a pretty bad idea. last I looked the third card doesn't do much for FPS just smooths out microstutter. And 5000s don't scale as well. SLI/Crossfire with really low end cards is just not worth it with all the issues. Highend eyefinity you need crossfire... on high end cards.

That being said its got 2 crossfire connections should work. But your client is probably going to be dissappointed... or laughed at when he tries to show off his epeen

badoosh

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
This is very true. As for me though I have just got my new PSU back since my other one fried my rig. I also just got my two XFX 7950's in the mail today so having lots of fun with those but with a x58 build its still ok.