Go ahead...laugh!

I am trying to learn new things as far as the computer age goes and well, go
ahead...laugh! I know there's a bunch of gurus' in here so let me generalize
my question. I am trying to set up a multi-boot operating system, but I
already have XP on my hard drive. I would like to know when I download XP
Home Edition boot disk so that I can save it as a back-up, does it have to be
6 floppies or can I burn the application to a CD-RW and then just boot it
from that? I mean it seemed to have burned fine but I am not sure if it will
boot once I have taken the current XP off my hard drive.
--
:p

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:43:04 -0800, "JustANewbie"
<JustANewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to learn new things as far as the computer age goes and well, go
>ahead...laugh! I know there's a bunch of gurus' in here so let me generalize
>my question. I am trying to set up a multi-boot operating system, but I
>already have XP on my hard drive. I would like to know when I download XP
>Home Edition boot disk so that I can save it as a back-up, does it have to be
>6 floppies or can I burn the application to a CD-RW and then just boot it
>from that? I mean it seemed to have burned fine but I am not sure if it will
>boot once I have taken the current XP off my hard drive.

Isn't your XP disc bootable? If you can boot from a CD-RW why not just
boot from the XP disc instead?

I'm not sure what you mean about burning the 6 floppies to a CD-RW, but
you should be able to test either the floppies or your bootable CD-RW
without harming your existing installation of XP.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

kelly

You are wanting to save the boot disks or your XP image? There is a
difference.

--
Happy Holidays,
Kelly (MS-MVP)