Sign in with
Your question

Help with Conservatories

Tags:
Last response: in Work & Education
June 14, 2011 1:37:49 PM

I have had a look on the other forum topics but have not found an answer to my question. My partner and I have decided to rather than move from our house we are going to try and build our own conservatory (we will try anyway). I have been told by a good friend that not it sometimes depends on whether you need planning permission for conservatories but that it must meet certain regulations. Has anyone got any idea just what the building regulations actually are?

Like I say I want to try and build it myself to save us money on builders costs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : conservatories

June 14, 2011 6:44:27 PM

Are you talking about a greenhouse or a sunroom?

Where you live will also dictate a lot about what you can and cannot build.
June 16, 2011 3:33:03 PM

daveyj said:
I have had a look on the other forum topics but have not found an answer to my question. My partner and I have decided to rather than move from our house we are going to try and build our own conservatory (we will try anyway). I have been told by a good friend that not it sometimes depends on whether you need planning permission for conservatories but that it must meet certain regulations. Has anyone got any idea just what the building regulations actually are?

Like I say I want to try and build it myself to save us money on builders costs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ididn't know you can ask questions about the conservatories here...

However, I wouldn't even attempt to build a conservatory myself as it seems too complicated. I don't know where u live, but if u happen to live near Stockport, I can recommend you a company called Crystal Windows & Conservatories. As I used their service before, although it's bit pricey I must say, the quality is second to none.
!