Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Three Monitors With GTX 560 Ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 10, 2012 8:44:22 AM

I know I can't use three monitors for one game without SLI and I understand. I'm not interested in any surround feature, I just want to use the extra monitors for forums and such. The problem is that no matter how often I restart my computer, the third monitor (the one connected through the mini-hdmi port) isn't being recognized at all on startup. Even stranger, I can disconnect one of the DVI monitors, start up the computer with only the mini-HDMI and one DVI monitor connected, then plug in the second DVI Monitor after Windows has started and Windows will recognize the second DVI monitor but at no time will the mini-HDMI monitor be recognized. It just always says "Check Signal Cable"

Anyone know why?

The card is a MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 560 Ti

More about : monitors gtx 560

March 10, 2012 8:52:17 AM

Since that card only supports 2 monitors connected at one time, you will never see that third monitor come on. If you want 3 monitors on one card, AMD is the way to go, unfortunately.
Score
March 10, 2012 9:05:58 AM

http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gtx-560/sp...

If it was compatible with more than 2 monitors, it would be called "3D Vision Surround." You can look at the GTX580 specs and see it listed there. Tigerdirect isn't the most reliable website for product specifications. My assumption would be that you probably cannot connect the Mini HDMI and 1 DVI because they are technically the same connection as seen by the card. HDMI and DVI are the exact same thing, just different plug style.
Score
!