Hello, my CPU Is getting too hot

Murka010

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello everybody, My spec:
CPU: Intel Pentuim E5200 2.5Ghz Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM: 2GB
Motherboard: ASUStek Computer INC P5KPL-SE(SOCKET 775)
Hard drives 233GB Fujitsu Maxtor ATA device

My problem is
Core 0 and Core 1 along with CPU gets too hot with minimum activity, right now I only have This website open and core 0 and 1 is already at 55C and 56C
Here are screenshots

1zlesk1.png

Also, Whenever I try to run a game for approximately 40 minutes the computer shuts down, and I believe once it has cooled down a bit I can turn it on, otherwise it doesn't turn on.

My solution Is to buy S200 Cooler Master1800 RPM fan
What would you recommend? Thanks.

Murka010

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

Also I would like to add that I didn't have a problem before? What could be cause of this? Would installing the said cooler fix the problem?
I believe this started few weeks after I installed my Windows 7 OS.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012

I believe even the stock cooler would be sufficient to keep it cooled enough from shutting down when gaming or whenever. The cooler might have come loose or the heatsink hasn't got much contact to the CPU.

You can
1.Buy that new heatsink and and replace your current one with it (redo thermal paste)
2.Remove the current stock cooler, redo thermal paste and re-attach the stock cooler.

CM_USA

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
what cpu cooler are you using?

I would clean out the cpu of thermal paste and reapply thermal paste. Just a pea size amount and spread it out. Make sure the cooler is secured properly and the air from the cpu cooler is blowing towards the rear or the top of the case where the exhaust fans are.

TRENDING THREADS