Beware

December 20, 2004 12:42:21 PM

I been having problems with my system for a month now. Specifically with
my display driver. After fixing this (on my own mind you) I ran into another
problem with not being able to save themes.
Apparently, no one but me is having this problem cause everyone seems to be
avoiding my post(s). So, I went on the internet to try to find answers.
I found Windows xp A to Z and found what I thought was a fix to my themes
problem:
I was sent to Kelleys-Korner-xp It was entitled Restore Themes
Functionality.
Keep in mind there are no explanation for what this reg fix does. So, ran
it and now
my system is worst than ever. In the display properties the theme is Windows
XP but buttons
The Luna theme is still under Windows\Resources but when I selected Windows
XP as the theme I
was told access denied. The Windows and Buttons combo box is disabled.
Well, I was using WinMe for about 3 years and had very few problems. Xp
claims to be
more stable and faster(bull$&#!!). And don't say the operator had allot to
do with it because

James

More about : beware

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 10:07:35 AM

"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote:
| I been having problems with my system for a month now. Specifically with
| my display driver. After fixing this (on my own mind you) I ran into another
| problem with not being able to save themes.
|
| Apparently, no one but me is having this problem cause everyone seems to be
| avoiding my post(s).

I have never seen a post from you relating to themes issues, here at
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize

| I went on the internet to try to find answers.
| I found Windows xp A to Z and found what I thought was a fix to my themes
| problem:
| I was sent to Kelleys-Korner-xp
| It was entitled Restore Themes Functionality.
| There is no explanation for what this reg fix does.
| I ran it and now my system is worse than ever.
| In the display properties the theme is Windows XP but buttons ...(?)...
| The Luna theme is still under Windows\Resources but when I selected Windows
| XP as the theme I was told access denied.
| The Windows and Buttons combo box is disabled.

Try: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes Troubleshooting Themes
December 21, 2004 10:07:36 AM

I posted on 11/24/04 at 1:52 PM.
All I got was check to see if your virus deffinitions are up to date..
wooppi!

James

"a nonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:o 8jUzft5EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote:
> | I been having problems with my system for a month now. Specifically with
> | my display driver. After fixing this (on my own mind you) I ran into
> another
> | problem with not being able to save themes.
> |
> | Apparently, no one but me is having this problem cause everyone seems
> to be
> | avoiding my post(s).
>
> I have never seen a post from you relating to themes issues, here at
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
>

> | I went on the internet to try to find answers.
> | I found Windows xp A to Z and found what I thought was a fix to my
> themes
> | problem:
> | I was sent to Kelleys-Korner-xp
> | It was entitled Restore Themes Functionality.
> | There is no explanation for what this reg fix does.
> | I ran it and now my system is worse than ever.
> | In the display properties the theme is Windows XP but buttons ...(?)...
> | The Luna theme is still under Windows\Resources but when I selected
> Windows
> | XP as the theme I was told access denied.
> | The Windows and Buttons combo box is disabled.
>

> Try: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes Troubleshooting
> Themes

December 21, 2004 11:40:33 AM

"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote:
| I posted on 11/24/04 at 1:52 PM.
| All I got was check to see if your virus deffinitions are up to date.

Well, did you do that?

Have you tried what I suggested yet?

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes
Troubleshooting Themes
December 21, 2004 11:40:34 AM

I do a complete system scan for viruses every other day w/Norton AntiVirus.
Checks for updates automatically every four hours. Besides, that post on
11/24
was before I formatted my hard drive. Now the problem has returned.

news:o %23r30Tu5EHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote:
> | I posted on 11/24/04 at 1:52 PM.
> | All I got was check to see if your virus deffinitions are up to date.
>
> Well, did you do that?
>
> Have you tried what I suggested yet?
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes
> Troubleshooting Themes

December 22, 2004 7:11:31 AM

>Keep in mind there are no explanation for what this reg fix does. So, ran
>it and now my system is worst than ever.

That is rather a blatant response. Your system is worse compared to what?
--
Happy Holidays,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
>I been having problems with my system for a month now. Specifically with
> my display driver. After fixing this (on my own mind you) I ran into
> another
> problem with not being able to save themes.
> Apparently, no one but me is having this problem cause everyone seems to
> be
> avoiding my post(s). So, I went on the internet to try to find answers.
> I found Windows xp A to Z and found what I thought was a fix to my themes
> problem:
> I was sent to Kelleys-Korner-xp It was entitled Restore Themes
> Functionality.
> Keep in mind there are no explanation for what this reg fix does. So, ran
> it and now
> my system is worst than ever. In the display properties the theme is
> Windows XP but buttons
> The Luna theme is still under Windows\Resources but when I selected
> Windows XP as the theme I
> was told access denied. The Windows and Buttons combo box is disabled.
> Well, I was using WinMe for about 3 years and had very few problems. Xp
> claims to be
> more stable and faster(bull$&#!!). And don't say the operator had allot to
> do with it because
>

> James

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 8:25:12 AM

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:e6q9U6A6EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| >Keep in mind there are no explanation for what this reg fix does. So, ran
| >it and now my system is worst than ever.
|
| That is rather a blatant response. Your system is worse compared to what?
| --
| Happy Holidays,
| Kelly (MS-MVP)

James finally fixed it by downloading your zip file to replace the Resources
folder of the Luna theme

(only after this:

> "everyone seems to be avoiding my post(s)."
>
> I am not surprised. Three times today I suggested the following
> but you ignored that in your replies to me:
>
> | Try:
> | http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes
> | Troubleshooting Themes

)
December 29, 2004 1:39:29 AM

Great, glad to hear all is well.

--

> | >Keep in mind there are no explanation for what this reg fix does. So,
> ran
> | >it and now my system is worst than ever.
> |
> | That is rather a blatant response. Your system is worse compared to
> what?
> | --
> | Happy Holidays,
> | Kelly (MS-MVP)
>

> James finally fixed it by downloading your zip file to replace the
> Resources
> folder of the Luna theme
>
> (only after this:
>
>> "everyone seems to be avoiding my post(s)."
>>
>> I am not surprised. Three times today I suggested the following
>> but you ignored that in your replies to me:
>>
>> | Try:
>> | http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes
>> | Troubleshooting Themes
>
> )

July 10, 2008 3:58:23 AM

Ok guys- I'm having the same problem. Bear with me, because I'm new to discussion boards like this. I have tried everything listed and I am still getting the same thing. Under the Display properties, Themes, I have the option of the Windows XP theme, but it doesn't look like the windows xp theme. It looks like the classic. Under Appearance, Windows and buttons, the only choice I get is the classic. I just did a whole system restore because my computer was kinda messed up and everything started off kind of rough, but had the XP theme to begin with. I did the automatic updates and installed the service pack 3, and then I lost the theme. From what I've been reading it seems to be the reason why this is happening sometimes, so...I guess if you have any ideas let me know! I cant even download a free theme from a website or anything because theres no option for the XP theme. Thanks and let me know what else you need to know from me if that helps!!
!