Which version

larryddd

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
This is my first post here so please forgive any mistakes.I have a msi radeon hd 6950 2gb twin froz11 GC and my question is this. I was using the 12.1 drivers in skyrim and was getting quite a lot of CTD, my computer was being hissy and I ended up with driver version 8.850.0.0 which is running skyrim a lot better. but which version is this is it 11.10,11.12 or before those 2, I know its a year old.thanks in advance

larryddd

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Thanks for your reply I'm surprised the older version is working better than the new ones, in skyrim it auto-detected my card and put it up to ultra when in the newer version it was on high.

larryddd

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I had a lot of trouble going back to a previous driver, my screen went black and the words were in green I could hardly see them.In the end I managed to get into device manager/6900series/properties/driver and click on one of the drivers there, bit lucky I think. Do not have the catalyst software installed now, as its running smoothly would not like to mess it up.

Nothing wrong with that. I have on occasion just used the driver on its own. If you do decide to try an update any time then I have always used the Uninstall package that will be included with any Catalyst driver download.

For now though I fully agree if it is not broken don't try and fix it ;)

Mactronix :)