Help with PSU upgrade OCZ 750w Z series

ej13

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hello,
I have an Antect 650W New Truepower, would it be worth my while to upgrade to the 850W Z series. This is the Z not the ZX as it is what I can afford now.

Thanks

Solution
You should do all your buying when you are in Phoenix so you can get the free shipping from Amazon and Newegg. If you find that the 650w Antec is not enough then you can go up to a 750w and that should be as high as you would need to go.

ej13

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

A few of them. Had to reset mypassword andthey all showed up. I a trying to delete the extras but my brain is fried from solving ram etc problems

I would not consider it an upgrade going from an Antec to an OCZ psu. What is the amount that you can aford and why do you need to get a higher watts psu. The 650w Antec will run two 560Ti's. If you want to go to a 750w then that's your choice and what amount are you working with.

Never mind duplicate post , there are now three of them.

What's your location ? Outside the U.S. ? I guess you can get what ever psu that you want , just don't go thinking that you need the 850w. You should be able to run two 560Ti's with the 650w Antec that you have and if you wanted to save some money and still wanted to upgrade you could get the 750w.

ej13

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Thanks for the speedy reply. I am more than happy to save the money - priorities so I will stick with the Antec. I was only concerned with having problems as it has been a pain lately with a bad motherboard, bad ram and I am still trying to get my SSD figured out.

Really appreciate your time and patiece.

I am in Canada but winter in the Phoenix area - sure miss the two day shipping for free or next to it.

You should do all your buying when you are in Phoenix so you can get the free shipping from Amazon and Newegg. If you find that the 650w Antec is not enough then you can go up to a 750w and that should be as high as you would need to go.

Solution

ej13

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

Thanks again. I finally figured out how to delete the extra posts.

I do buy a lot when I am in Phoenix but I am near NCIX here in Canada and they are very competitive. I even bougt from their California location when I was in AZ.

The OCZ 850 Z was priced lower than the 750's here.

Regards