Sign in with
Your question

What do you think of this case

Last response: in Components
August 30, 2012 6:55:24 PM

I'm doing a cheap budget build for an aunt and I have all the parts except for the case. The case I was looking at was this http://www.microcenter.com/product/390446/Titan_XT_ATX_.... It's cheap and it doesn't look to bad. I do have some worries though that I would like to get your opinion on. If it's that cheap what do you think the quality will be like? I'm afraid of shotty paint and cheap plastic. Another thing that worries me is the thickness of the metal. At only .5mm's thick I'm afraid that any fan even the stock heatsink fan will cause vibrations. I'm also worried that the metal will bend easily. What do you guys think?

More about : case

a c 80 ) Power supply
August 30, 2012 7:43:43 PM

.5mm is not that thin that it would be an issue and the old saying of you get what you pay for is true and you can't expect companies to give stuff away.
Also you link is broken so I can't see the case.
m
l
a c 80 ) Power supply
August 30, 2012 9:54:00 PM

Most cases don't say that they are a certian thickness and it does say that it is steel material so I would rather have .5 mm steel material then .5 mm plastic.
They also wouldn't be selling a case that would be weak and not be able to be used but there's nothing preventing them from selling a lousy case that vibrates when being used as long as it stayed together.
I guess you can't expect too much from a $20 case. Just make sure that the fan screws are tight and that the case stays in one spot under the desk.
m
l
!