Blackwidow standard and ultimate, are the keycaps the same?

shmokeh

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2012
So ive got a standard edition without all the leds, brought second hand for a bargain at £40 (was used and abused with food and drink stains!, took it apart and cleaned it up and it looks brand new, not a scratch or faded key)
Ive also seen a ultimate edition being sold for spares for £20, the only problem with it is the keys are warped where the seller tried to dry it with a hairdryer (don't ask me how or why)
Now im wondering if I brought this ultimate edition and swapped the keys from the standard, would it work? Also does anyone know of any keycaps online that are suitable for the blackwidow ultimate? Are there any differences between these keyboards?

blakwidowrsa

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hi, i have the ultimate.

Straight out of the box, the standard BlackWidow keyboard looks about the same as its Ultimate counterpart. It retains the five macro keys and backlit Razer logo in the palm rest, but the other keys aren't backlit, and you'll have to live without extra USB and audio connectors. The cable is substantially thinner as a result, but it's still braided and decked out with a dash of gold bling. The only other apparent difference is the coating of the keys, which have a hard plastic finish rather than the slightly rubberized coating on the Ultimate.