Im having strange blue dot - line when i watch movie or play game

jjh7656

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz
Ram : 4.00 GB
64bit.
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

the blue lines appear when i see a photo or movie or play game including youtube videos and such.

seems like everything that involves some graphic on it

im not experiencing any lag or speed reduce at the moment.

I uninstalled the graphics card driver using driver cleaner and re installed it from amd website.

Does this mean i have to buy new graphics card?

jjh7656

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
i have been using this graphic card for about 6 months
psu - 355 W it seems my psu doesnt have the specs labeled but the model no had 355 so im guessing thats the wattage.

ill rephrase blue line, its more like blue dots lined in horizontal. length is always different since it appears and disappears randomly but mostly about half of the sreen. and its not thick mayb about the size of the basic form of line in ms office.

thank you

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
There is no way that you can run a HD 58xx on a 355w PSU... Try to remove your PSU from your Computer Case, the label should be there. (It is on every PSU)

If it is really a 355w PSU, it may be an underwattage problem. Else, it would be the Graphic Card dying.

Try to use HWMonitor and check the temps and voltage when you play games.

Hope it helps! :)

jjh7656

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I only got 1 desktop at my home

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/volt.png/

this is the result of HWmonitor i ran while the game is running on background

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
All seems normal to me.

If you ever tried uninstalling your GPU driver and run on onboard GPU and the problem persist, we can conclude its your monitor being flawed.

If not, your GPU is having something we PC gamer called an artifact, which is essentially a defect of that said GPU's graphic processing that created an anomaly on the screen regardless whatever that is. And artifacts cannot be fixed. The cause for this are vary from a flaw product to damage caused by overclocking. You can google to confirm this, since I'm just too lazy to gives you for case examples :p