Could I safely use Nvidia Control Panel if I have a Radeon Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiepotpie

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Here's my reason. I have a program called Catalyst Control Center, it helps me change my display properties and whatnot. Good program. I don't need it.

I have a HDTV that I use as my monitor, The tv does not allow me to change its size to exactly match my computers output. Result: Every edge is off the screen. My taskbar is barely visible. The Catalyst program allows resolution changes, but always keeps the edges outside of the tv.

Nvidia Control Panel has the feature I need to move my display to fit my tv. But I am unsure if it will work without an Nvidia graphics card. I don't want my computer to blow up, you know. I think this would help LOTS of people. Thanks in advance for your answers.

As an added bonus: Are there any other programs that can adjust size and position of my screen?

Also, I'm brand new to this site, so if I posted this in the wrong place, im very sorry. I know forums can be picky.

~Robin

Solution
For your question, no you can't use nVidia CP as an alternative to CCC.

But to solve your problem, go into Catalyst Control Center, click on preferences (right top corner), then choose advanced view.

At your left, choose "My Digital Flat-Panels", then "Scaling Options".
Now you can slide the slider to match your DFP resolution.

Hope it helps! :)

cookiepotpie

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I had figured as much, it's why i asked before I tried to get it. v.v
Thank you very much for your help. I'll see if there is a newer version of
Catalyst. Thanks a second time!

~Robin

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
For your question, no you can't use nVidia CP as an alternative to CCC.

But to solve your problem, go into Catalyst Control Center, click on preferences (right top corner), then choose advanced view.

At your left, choose "My Digital Flat-Panels", then "Scaling Options".
Now you can slide the slider to match your DFP resolution.

Hope it helps! :)

Solution

cookiepotpie

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO
You rock!! ~having happy tears~ I have been wanting to
do that for like a year!! I can see my taskbar finally!!
Thank you!!!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

People generally like more an concrete answer rather than a external link that does nothing.
In the future, you should take more time to answer correctly to people. Just my advice. :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Do you mean the link that has all versions of Windows drivers linked to it? Pretty hard to not find what is needed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.