NEW (re) build, amd or intel

Jet5s7am

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hi everyone, i am a part time trader in need of assistance. I am in the process of rebuilding my computer and i am not a gamer. currently i have:
AMD 1090T
MSI 785 gt DDR2 (the first proc i had with this was an AMD X2
ONboard Graphics
HAF 912
corsair 750tx
wd blue 640
corsair H50
and 2x 21.5 acer 1920
plus 6g of gskill ddr2 800
pretty much everything i have was from four years ago.

I need my computer to be a lot fast than what it is now, because slippage is killing me(again). I bought a ocz agi sata3 120g on sale for $85 and also a seagate hybrid drive sata2 500g as backupfor about the same price. 4 gskill 2g 1600 ddr 3 in preparation for my new build and i will also buy 2 more monitors. I am going to reuse the power supply and the WD 640 sata2 as a back up to the back up and media storage. i will need a VGA(s) to run a total of 4 monitors

Along with trading I also have a music and a lot of pictures and when i surf the web during market hours, or especially during news streams my computer slows down.

My question is, should i stick with my Amd and just buy a newer motherboard with multiple VGA's or change to intel? and what VGA combination is a good bargain that cost < $200? Should i consider getting sata3 hd as a backup or, are the ones i have fine?

Thanks for your suggestions.

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Buy a Newer Motherboard and Intel cpu and Consider getting and Amd videocard, to handle all of your Monitors, a cheap one of 70 usd would do the trick. The HD You Have are Okey. Because you have an SSD sata3 as Os Drive the speed of the other HD dosent matter.