XBOX 360, console and controllers only available in white?

As far as I know, the 360 will only be available in white, although a hear
that face-plates will soon be available in other colors,what about the
controllers however?

It seems to me that white would be the WORST color for a game controller, as
it will show dirt whatnot fairly easily.

Does anyone know if the current XBOX controllers will work with the 360, and
if Microsoft has any plans to release controllers and console units in
something other than white?

TIA

Jordan

It took a long time before Microsoft came out with alternate
controllers for the Xbox, but I bet 3rd parties will have them from day
1. From what I hear the 360 controllers are wireless and the old
controllers will not function on the new system (no controller ports to
plug them in.)

- Jordan

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> It took a long time before Microsoft came out with alternate
> controllers for the Xbox, but I bet 3rd parties will have them from day
> 1. From what I hear the 360 controllers are wireless and the old
> controllers will not function on the new system (no controller ports to
> plug them in.)
>
> - Jordan

I believe there are controller ports but they are not the modified USB ports
that the Xbox uses.

steven

old controllers work fine i believe, im sure i heard that somewhere