Help me choose an antenna for wireless pci card

Hey mates

I have an tp-link pci card connected through wireless to my Linksys router.

At first, the signal was not very good, so I purchased an 5dbi antenna (which after positioning it improved my signal from -70db to -60db :)). I was wondering if a diretional antenna would get me to -50ish.

I have those options, could you please help me choose?

2.4GHz 16dBi SMA Omni High Gain Antenna with Stand for WiFi/Wireless Network (2400~2500MHz)

2.4GHz 100W 18dBi Directional High Gain 18-Unit Antenna for Wifi/Wireless Network (SMA)

Directional High Power 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless Network Adapter Dongle w/ High Gain Antenna

640000G 2000mW 2.4GHz 802.11b/g USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Adapter

As you can see, the last one is rated at 58dbi, so I´m not sure if this is going to give me cancer, or if it is just a marketing BS.

thanks in advance

Lucas
2 answers Last reply
More about help choose antenna wireless card
  1. The antenna will be behind my 32'' lcd tv, do you think the tv might get hurt?
    this antenna is for indoor purposes, I cant get a cat5 cable to my room so I'm stuck with wireless - and I like playing TF2 and Savage2 a lot, so I really need small ping/jitter. I'm measuring the rssi with inssider.
  2. no one can help me? really?
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Wireless Wireless Network WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Networking