Converting NTFS to Fat 32 using Partition Magic 7

I'm considering converting NTFS to FAT 32 using Partition Magic 7.
Anyone any experience of doing this. I understand Winxp pro has its
own application for doing this but I am used to working with Partition
Magic (in another life). Advice or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about converting ntfs partition magic

    I use PM 8.0 with no problem...

    Cutter wrote:
    > I'm considering converting NTFS to FAT 32 using Partition Magic 7.
    > Anyone any experience of doing this. I understand Winxp pro has its
    > own application for doing this but I am used to working with Partition
    > Magic (in another life). Advice or experience would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

    PM8 is the only version fully compatible with XP. I strongly recommend
    upgrading before trying anything.
    on salads.

    Cutter wrote:

    >I'm considering converting NTFS to FAT 32 using Partition Magic 7.
    >Anyone any experience of doing this. I understand Winxp pro has its
    >own application for doing this but I am used to working with Partition
    >Magic (in another life).

    XP does not have anything for doing it in that direction

    PM 8 will do so, but you must make sure first that there are no
    encrypted files; no compressed files or folders (such as the hidden
    $NTUninstall. . . ones) and no files too large for FAT 32 (4gb minus a
    few bytes)

    Make sure of your backup first in case the thing fouls up mid way

    Do not use PM7 for it

    WBR, Tom Frisch
    HideIt! - The best wizard to hide folders and files
    http://www.guard-software.com/

Configuration NTFS Partition Magic Customization Windows XP