FT02 - Fortress PC Case (To window or not to window?!)

audiodude1

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Hello!

This is a silly question, lol i know i know, but i want various opinions before i make a purchase, window or non window?

Im Building a pro Audio workstation.

I am looking at the FT02 Fortress 2 case from silverstone Tech, A VERY Nice case and best for SSI CEB Motherboards, compared to the TJ09/07, it also has filters which is VERY important too for a workstation. No Dust worries

So...cant decide...window or non window?

Yes... I know, :whistle: a silly minor issue :whistle: , but at the cost of this case, i wanna make sure im making the right decision...A pro audio station...it would be kinda cool to be able to look at the components, with loads of ram, nice looking video card. But... at the same time, its a personal pro audio workstation lol. I mean i want it to be as quiet as possible too and a window would mean some noise leakage and less area for sound dampening that they include.... :sweat:

What do you all think would be the best viable option?! This case will be tucked away under my desk, i could still see it but there will be no lighting in it, in the future if i get a different workstation desk, may be tucked even further or no point to the window

Soo Basically Window or Non window?! with all those expensive components...is it worth looking at for a few seconds a day ?? or just go all solid and avoid any EMI frequencies and get better sound dampening coverage....

nice or plain, i guess thats the question lol!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I can't imagine there being any difference in sound deadening between a solid aluminum side panel and a window side panel (unless the window is vented). But from your discription of where the PC will live its life, it makes little sense to have a window. The nice thing, though, about a window... is that you can easily take a peek inside occassionally to see any indicators that may be lit.

Uther39

Distinguished

Maybe this will help ?
IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

So the answer is, make a beautiful PC and adore it.