Sign in with
Your question

Radeon HD 6850 vs GeForce GTX 460 in crysis

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 10, 2012 9:09:21 PM

Is it just me or did the GTX 460 get owned by a radeon HD 6850 in crysis?
Me and my friend were testing our cards (he had the GTX 460 and a quad core and i had the HD 6850 and a triple core cpu).
And he couldn't run the game on very high settings (he could but wasn't playable enough) but the radeon hd 6850 could run on very high without probs.
Most people compare these cards but in crysis its like comparing a geforce 9500gt with a geforce 9800gt
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2012 9:38:50 PM

more like the 9600GT vs 9800GT

the AMD 6850 offers 20% better performance in crysis then the GTX460, although i recall nvidia offering better performance when the game first came out

March 10, 2012 10:16:55 PM

Quote:
Nothing owned Crysis 1 in the beginning even I bought an 8800GTX on launch day cause I thought it would max out Crysis 1 in DX10 boy was I wrong 13fps max. For some reason the Radeon 68xx plays very well with Crysis 1 it just loves them for some reason.

Well it certainly loves the HD 5850 more than any other radeon 68** :D 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2012 12:03:24 AM

Quote:
Nothing owned Crysis 1 in the beginning

great, go shove that card up your arse

no one stated anything "owned" crysis in the beginning. thanks for sharing thought on a topic no one brought up. perhaps you can lend your vast lack of knowledge to a village in search of an idiot.

now here is the proof that nvidia did in fact (not an wrong opinion like yours) keep up with ATI in the launch of crysis.

a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2012 5:10:02 AM

Quote:
To bad none of the 9xxx series cards were around yet when Crysis 1 launched LOL only the 88xx series were around nice try tho.

8800GT and ATI 3870 are both on the chart retard, thanks for proving your stupidity yet again
March 11, 2012 9:44:56 AM

Quote:
Still much to high for an 8800 GT must have been benched on med settings anyway thank for the Ad Homonym Attack there Cowboy.

The 9800gt is a rebranded 8800gt so both cards are equal in terms of performance
March 11, 2012 11:30:50 AM

Quote:
Much to high numbers for a lowly 8800GT as in 24fps maybe on med settings @ 1680x1050 not maxed out. Can you please post the source of the document you posted. PS I am well aware of the 8800GT and 9800GT and 9800GTX and 9800 GTX+ I owned them all at one point or another.

So what you're saying is that you're a rich man? XD I barely had the money for a HD 6850, before that i had the GeForce GT 240 1gb GDDR5. Also my entire rig is cheap as hell.
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2012 3:38:20 PM

Quote:
http://techgage.com/article/asus_en8800gt_top_512mb/3 See 14fps min in Crysis @ 1680x1050 and only 11fps @ 1920x1200 see I was not shitting you I remember from first hand experience like it was yesterday. PS 6850 is a much more powerful card than a GTX 460 but it's only the Nvidia biased Benchmarks and games that make it look good and that goes for all Nvidias cards. Radeon = more powerful hardware and Nvidia = Drivers that make them look better than they really are.

you are an idiot and you helped prove my point. that Nvidia cards did better in crysis when compared to competitively priced ATI cards, when the game first launched, then they do now against competitive AMD cards. you have the 8800GT doing better then the ATI 3870 in your graph as I did above. both cards where in the $220 ballpark when crysis was out and competed against one another. your memory is pathetic as are you. you should bot be allowed to weld paper clips to one another with your incompetence.

P.S. who cares about powerful hardware, if Nvidia cards give you 20% better performance then AMD or vice versa then that is the issue. you failed at every opportunity to show ATI cards did better at crysis launch then competive Nvidia cards, that iis the arguekment you brought up and the one you fail at every opportunity! this has nothing to do with intel/AMD you moron. this has to do with what card did what performance at what time regardless if it was AMD/ ATI or Nvidia. if your car has 350 horsepower and mine has 325, we race, i kick your ass will your comeback be "well i have more horsepower then i win?" :pfff: 
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2012 9:37:46 PM

Quote:
wow Ad homonym attack much just cause you don't WORK and complain about not having money and how in your perception I am rich does not mean you have to be a douche and defiantly does not justify it perhaps you need to go back to school if you think framerates in the teen are playable GOD people go back to your shanties ! PS why are you stuck on extremely crappy unplayable performance from Nvidia and Radeon cards from back in 07 when Crysis launched ?

who thinks (or said) you are rich?? you work a blue collar job, i went to college so i could have a good life.

1. "you need to go back to school if you think framerates in the teen are playable"

yeah,that was never said by me or anyone else but good try on trying to change the subject

2 "PS why are you stuck on extremely crappy unplayable performance from Nvidia and Radeon cards from back in 07 when Crysis launched "

once again you brought that up with your "owned" comment. all i said was "i recall nvidia offering better (more competitive with similar priced ATI offerings) performance when the game first came out". you then proved that statement true with your posts.
!