GT 430 EVGA fan sounds like it's going

barnaclesgarona

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
The fan sounds like it's going. I've lubricated it twice, and both times after lubrication it's continued to make noise. I believe the fan is going.

Anyway, I don't have money to replace it, but I do have another fan that's a bit smaller but might fit, and I also have a larger circulation fan that I could possibly use if needed. Anyway, I know that's going beyond the limits, but I'm out of options.

My question is this: Is that buzzing and vibration going to cause damage to my video card, or will it be fine? It seems like the fan is just off balance a small bit and is just buzzing because of maybe a shot bearing or something. I have no idea. The card feels like it's vibrating at a very very small level. Lightly touching the physical card yields that it's vibrating but it's very slight.

Anyway, the heatsink is like this:

http://www.vgadownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/EVGA-01G-P3-1430-LR-GeForce-GT-430.jpg

It's just a solid metal plate with grills. Would it be possible to place a fan above the card, especially if it's pushing a larger volume of air, and monitor the GPU temperatures to see if this works? Would that be viable?

Like I said, I'm out of options, here.

barnaclesgarona

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011

True. Ordinarily I wouldn't whine about a little noise, but in this case it's to the point where I'm worried it might not perform properly, or will damage my card with either vibrations or some other way.

I think I'm just acting a little cautiously since I burned a hole through my last video card...

Snowsniper2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Haha I own this card and I haven't had any issues with it pull it out there may be something clogged in the bearings such as a large amount of dust just pull it out and check the fan then lube it again and no the vibration shouldn't hurt it

diamondark

Reputable
May 26, 2014
I accidently broke a couple of fan blades on my card and reattached them with super glue which lasted for about 1 year. I have found a replacement fan for EVGA GeForce GT 430 for $8.00 with free shipping at: http://www.magefirm.com/magic-mga5012xr-o10-4510-graphics-card-fan-p-533

12V,0.19A,45X45X10,2-wire, 2-pin
Item Condition new
Warranty 1 Month(s)
Part Description Magic MGA5012XR-O10 4510 Graphics Card Fan 12V 0.19A
Part Number MGA5012XR-O10
Size(mm) 45X45X10 4510
Hole distance(mm) 39X39X39
Wire length(mm) 110
Other infor 2-wire 2-pin