Sy

Some of the items in the Start menu have an underlined character for a "hot
key" (for those of us who are afraid of mice). Two examples are Favorites and
My Recent Documents.

One item that does not have this hot key is My Documents. Is there a way to
establish a hot key for that Start menu item?

Thanks.

"SY" <SY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| Some of the items in the Start menu have an underlined character for a "hot
| key" (for those of us who are afraid of mice). Two examples are Favorites and
| My Recent Documents.
|
| One item that does not have this hot key is My Documents. Is there a way to
| establish a hot key for that Start menu item?
|
| Thanks.

Use the M key.
If more than one entry without an underlined character starts with M,
keep tapping M until My Documents is highlighted, then press Enter.

Sy

Thank you for the work-around. Does anyone know of a way to make one of the
characters "hot" as described in my question?

"a nonymous" wrote:

> "SY" <SY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> | Some of the items in the Start menu have an underlined character for a "hot
> | key" (for those of us who are afraid of mice). Two examples are Favorites and
> | My Recent Documents.
> |
> | One item that does not have this hot key is My Documents. Is there a way to
> | establish a hot key for that Start menu item?
> |
> | Thanks.
>
> Use the M key.
> If more than one entry without an underlined character starts with M,
> keep tapping M until My Documents is highlighted, then press Enter.

http://weblogs.asp.net/oldnewthing/archive/2003/10/03/55168.aspx

Note these seem hard coded on the Start Panel.
http://www.uscricket.com
"SY" <SY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B1B796C-D155-4EA5-8B24-157B10C86360@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for the work-around. Does anyone know of a way to make one of the
> characters "hot" as described in my question?
>
> "a nonymous" wrote:
>

>> "SY" <SY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> | Some of the items in the Start menu have an underlined character for a "hot
>> | key" (for those of us who are afraid of mice). Two examples are Favorites and
>> | My Recent Documents.
>> |
>> | One item that does not have this hot key is My Documents. Is there a way to
>> | establish a hot key for that Start menu item?
>> |
>> | Thanks.
>>
>> Use the M key.
>> If more than one entry without an underlined character starts with M,
>> keep tapping M until My Documents is highlighted, then press Enter.

I can assign D to it but WFP will cancel the change at some future date.

http://www.uscricket.com
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:uufHSi95EHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
http://weblogs.asp.net/oldnewthing/archive/2003/10/03/55168.aspx

Note these seem hard coded on the Start Panel.
http://www.uscricket.com
"SY" <SY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B1B796C-D155-4EA5-8B24-157B10C86360@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for the work-around. Does anyone know of a way to make one of the
> characters "hot" as described in my question?
>
> "a nonymous" wrote:
>

>> "SY" <SY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> | Some of the items in the Start menu have an underlined character for a "hot
>> | key" (for those of us who are afraid of mice). Two examples are Favorites and
>> | My Recent Documents.
>> |
>> | One item that does not have this hot key is My Documents. Is there a way to
>> | establish a hot key for that Start menu item?
>> |
>> | Thanks.
>>
>> Use the M key.
>> If more than one entry without an underlined character starts with M,
>> keep tapping M until My Documents is highlighted, then press Enter.

Sy

David,

Thanks for the thorough answer. I don't like it, but I have an answer. :)