Sign in with
Your question

Cpu air or water cooler and psu for system

Last response: in Systems
May 13, 2012 8:13:49 PM

Hello every one

I would appreciate any help and suggestions for my upgrade and like to finish my build by end of month and it would consist of the following which i have already purchased:

Cpu: i5 2500k
Asus: P8Z68-v Pro/gen3
Case: Corsair 600t white
Mem: Corsair Vengence 1600 4Gx2
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

I want to add either a cpu air cooler or a corsair closed loop cpu cooler
and with that i was looking at getting me a corsair ax750 psu for headroom and seeing that it has cable management for suffient airflow in case. I also want to add a geforce gtx 670 when it comes out. I am concerned about the noise level of these components aswell for quiet computing. I would be buying from Frontosa.

Any suggestions concerning cpu cooler, psu and gpu would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a c 80 à CPUs
May 13, 2012 8:50:51 PM

Several suggestions
Z77 motherboard
3570k processor

you wont need a 750 watt power supply for that computer with a single GTX 670

Cases are a personal choice but a white case will match which other components in your system?
Consider a case like the Antec P280 for performance and low noise . Fractal esign make suitable cases too .

The Gigabyte windforce cooler is the best I have heard for noise reduction on any graphics card . Check gigabytes graphics cards
m
l
May 15, 2012 6:18:30 AM

So i have decided i will go with one of the two coolers being the CM Hyper 212 evo or the Corsair H80 because of all the hype these cooler have recieved from forums ive read, i am leaning more towards the H80 because of its sleak design without cockbloking my ram slots, seems all the good AIR cpu coolers are huge and some or the other have a influence on the 1st dimm ram slot. If any one can help make my decision more easier to make it would be so great. Concerning the corsair ax750psu and the reason i want it is so that i dont stress the other components to much, maybe even sli the 670 down the line.
m
l
!