Intel Core i7-2490X Overclock issue with temperatur on core #1,2

Status
Not open for further replies.

branen

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the issue with core's #1,2 I do not understand why they run so much hotter, I have a Asetek liquid cooler in my HP blackbird the 240mm rad version, I have even reseated the water block 3 times same results. I will post a screen shot under full load.

2e4eloy.png

Solution
I haven't even heard of a 2490X until this very moment, but I see that it's an Engineering Sample of some kind (in your screen shot, as well as seeing it after a search for it), so anything's possible, honestly.

It's an ES chip, so it's probably not "fully baked" and completely perfect. Those temps are strange, but not really unexpected (to me, at least).
I haven't even heard of a 2490X until this very moment, but I see that it's an Engineering Sample of some kind (in your screen shot, as well as seeing it after a search for it), so anything's possible, honestly.

It's an ES chip, so it's probably not "fully baked" and completely perfect. Those temps are strange, but not really unexpected (to me, at least).

Solution

branen

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Yah same here I did a little research before I got one, but essentially this is the first (ES) of the I7-3960X B0 Sample, Yah that's what I was thinking since it's a ES chip, Maybe I'll upgrade the cooling cuz I was able to hit 5.2Ghz but those 2 cores run to hot under full load :(

branen

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Yah I have a Heatkiller 3.0 water block lapped that I'll install, But do you think the koolance RP-1200 5.25 single bay, an one 240 Radiator, an one 120 Radiator be enough? I'll only be cooling the Cpu.

branen

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Yah I'm a beginner with w/c but have seen alot of systems setup! Yah I think this should work better than the Asetek also!! Thanks for all the advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.