  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
December 21, 2004 10:20:14 PM

Hi all,

When I open 'My Computer', I'd like it to default with
folder view (folders listed on left hand side). Any suggestions
as to how I might enable this ?

TIA

More about : folder view computer

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:54:21 AM

Open My Computer window.
Click Tools, Folder Options, then click File Types.
From the list, locate the entry FOLDER with extension of (NONE).
Click Advanced, select Explore, then Set Default.
Click OK and close the dialog.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"jona" <joneva_notThis_@iway.na> wrote in message news:32r4amF3pj1ufU1@individual.net...
Hi all,

When I open 'My Computer', I'd like it to default with
folder view (folders listed on left hand side). Any suggestions
as to how I might enable this ?

TIA
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 10:54:58 AM

"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@ONLINE.mvps.org> wrote in message
>Open My Computer window.
>Click Tools, Folder Options, then click File Types.
>From the list, locate the entry FOLDER with extension of (NONE).
>Click Advanced, select Explore, then Set Default.
>Click OK and close the dialog.

Excellent !! Thanks.

You might have one further fix for me. All folder views/settings seem
to remain when opening explorer again ..... except for the status bar.
I need to enable this each time I open windows explorer or my computer.
December 23, 2004 12:01:36 AM

You're welcome.

1.Enable the Status bar for one folder.
2.On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3.On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.
4.Click Yes, and then click OK.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"jona" <joneva_notThis_@iway.na> wrote in message news:32thtfF3pkphdU1@individual.net...
"jona" <joneva_notThis_@iway.na> wrote in message news:32r4amF3pj1ufU1@individual.net...
Hi all,
>>When I open 'My Computer', I'd like it to default with
>>folder view (folders listed on left hand side). Any suggestions
>>as to how I might enable this ?

"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@ONLINE.mvps.org> wrote in message
>Open My Computer window.
>Click Tools, Folder Options, then click File Types.
>From the list, locate the entry FOLDER with extension of (NONE).
>Click Advanced, select Explore, then Set Default.
>Click OK and close the dialog.

Excellent !! Thanks.

You might have one further fix for me. All folder views/settings seem
to remain when opening explorer again ..... except for the status bar.
I need to enable this each time I open windows explorer or my computer.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 12:01:37 AM

"Ramesh MVP4" wrote:
> You're welcome.=20
>
> 1.Enable the Status bar for one folder.
> 2.On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
> 3.On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.
> 4.Click Yes, and then click OK.
>
> --=20
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "jona" <joneva_notThis_@iway.na> wrote in message =
> "jona" <joneva_notThis_@iway.na> wrote in message =
> Hi all,
>  >>When I open 'My Computer', I'd like it to default with
>  >>folder view (folders listed on left hand side). Any
> suggestions
>  >>as to how I might enable this ?
>
> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@ONLINE.mvps.org> wrote in message
> >Open My Computer window.
> >Click Tools, Folder Options, then click File Types.
> >From the list, locate the entry FOLDER with extension of
> (NONE).
> >Click Advanced, select Explore, then Set Default.
> >Click OK and close the dialog.
>
> Excellent !! Thanks.
>
> You might have one further fix for me. All folder
> views/settings seem
> to remain when opening explorer again ..... except for the
> status bar.
> I need to enable this each time I open windows explorer or my
> computer.

I’m new here and hope that I can ask a question as a reply to this
thread as it is related.

Q. When I open Windows Explorer, it opens with My Documents expanded
and all else collapsed. I want to have it open with My Documents
collapsed and the main drives, C & D, expanded. Can this be done?

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Customize-Folder-view-Comp...

"deanvet" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

| I’m new here and hope that I can ask a question as a reply to this
| thread as it is related.
|
| Q. When I open Windows Explorer, it opens with My Documents expanded
| and all else collapsed. I want to have it open with My Documents
| collapsed and the main drives, C & D, expanded. Can this be done?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/130510
Cmmand-Line Switches for Windows Explorer
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 11:05:48 AM

"jona" <joneva_notThis_@iway.na> wrote in message news:32thtfF3pkphdU1@individual.net...
>>Excellent !! Thanks.
>>You might have one further fix for me. All folder views/settings seem
>>to remain when opening explorer again ..... except for the status bar.
>>I need to enable this each time I open windows explorer or my computer.

>"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>You're welcome.
>1.Enable the Status bar for one folder.
>2.On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
>3.On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.
>4.Click Yes, and then click OK.

Uhmmmm, I thought I had tried that. Evidently not. Thanks, everything
is now just the way I like it.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 9:46:18 AM

You're welcome!