Sign in with
Your question

Stupid question..but here goes...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2012 1:06:01 AM

Hello, what happens if you loop the bridge back onto the same card on the second bridge conector? (Told you it was a dum question)

More about : stupid question

March 11, 2012 1:14:25 AM

What in god's name are you talking about? What type of bridge, what type of card, what connector?

It's people like you that make other people's head explode for no reason.
m
l
March 11, 2012 1:17:55 AM

I think he means put one port of a crossfire bridge onto one port on the graphics card, and put the other part of the cable on the same card. And nothing will happen, the card won't pick up the presence of a different card.
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2012 1:23:04 AM

Sheesh... yeah that's about what would happen. Nothing. It's only a dumb question because you would never EVER EVER do that.

What would happen if I smashed a hammer into the side of my CPU heatsink? ***duh***
m
l
March 11, 2012 1:26:47 AM

What will happen is you will tear a hole in the space time continuum and the resulting paradox will cause the entire universe to implode. So, please do not attempt this. Thank you.
m
l
March 18, 2012 2:22:32 AM

jonathanrhunter said:
What in god's name are you talking about? What type of bridge, what type of card, what connector?

It's people like you that make other people's head explode for no reason.

You're not not really all that bright...are you jonathan.........hunt? Simple question, really ignorant answer. See now chilypepper used just a little common sense and figured it out right away. Or are you much like the other falla on this site who thinks he's just WAY above all us lesser nerds to have to lower his thinking to our level. Now, who's the real bright one here? I do hope you head did'nt explode.......jonathan!..........really.......
m
l
March 18, 2012 2:27:52 AM

PS Sorry jonathan, that's sopposed to be spelled "fella" (in case you haven't figured it out....heaven forebid your head exploding)
m
l
March 18, 2012 2:30:32 AM

Oh that's "supposed" PLEASE DON'T EXPLODE!!!!
m
l
March 18, 2012 2:45:39 AM

paulcam said:
You're not not really all that bright...are you jonathan.........hunt? Simple question, really ignorant answer. See now chilypepper used just a little common sense and figured it out right away. Or are you much like the other falla on this site who thinks he's just WAY above all us lesser nerds to have to lower his thinking to our level. Now, who's the real bright one here? I do hope you head did'nt explode.......jonathan!..........really.......

Hehehe... do you feel better now?

What makes me feel better is the actual thought process you must have used to formulate this ridiculous question.

"Yes let me see here... if I create a loopback bridge and plug it onto the other bridge, perhaps my GPU will spontaneously double it's graphics processing power!!!! Genius!!!! I am a God among men!!!!! Maybe I can go back in time twice as fast if I re-route the Flux Capacitor to... ***wait for it***... ITSELF!!!!! Well I better put this idea on the forums for smarter minds to figure out and continue thinking of ways to defeat the laws of physics in the mean while."
m
l
March 18, 2012 2:49:10 AM

paulcam said:
You're not not really all that bright...are you jonathan.........hunt? Simple question, really ignorant answer.

Also, refrain from trying to belittle me for calling your question stupid, when the title of your post says... "Stupid question..but here goes..."

Cheers! :non: 
m
l
March 18, 2012 5:01:22 PM

Now jonathan, I'm sure that's a lovely computer you have there but that dosen't give you the right to to look down on us lesser computer nerds. Some of us have BIG computers and some of us have wee tiny little computers. So we should be understanding and supportive/tolerant...............jonathan. So I think we should make up. So come on over here this minute and give us a big hug! (you only running a single video card and not SLI like mine? What's with that?) Bye now jonathan.
m
l
March 19, 2012 12:36:17 AM

Yeah yeah moderators please close this topic already!!! lol
m
l
!