GTX 560 Ti 448 cores not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy7117

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Hey guys not sure if this should be here but here goes,

I completed my first build today, and other than a few minor bumps I got the system up and running. I downloaded windows, updated the chipset, and was about to move onto the graphics card drivers.

As of now I'm getting an error message, "Graphics drivers incompatible with graphics card" or something to that extent. I also have been unable to connect to any of the ports (IE if I connect DVI or HDMI to the graphics card input and than to the monitor I just get a black screen). I don't think the part is DOA because all the fans are running perfectly and I'm getting a red LED flash on the motherboard showing that the card is in correctly, but still nothing.

Any suggestions on getting this card to work would be greatly appreciated!

Specs are:
Intel core i5 2500k
ASUS P8Z68 - V PRO/GEN3
Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti 448 cores
2x4 G.Skill Ripjaw
Antec Truepower 650W

andy7117

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I'll try it in another machine as soon as my final Windows update is completed. Also I was thinking about it.

While I was building the rig today, I had a problem where I had the molex from the front I/O's connected to the same circuit as the GPU molex plugs. This was causing the machine to start for 1 second than shutoff, would this cause something like this?

Baring in mind that the card is in my machine right now with the fans all working properly.

andy7117

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Thanks for the advice, installed on another Computer took the drivers from that PC and put them in the card (Not sure if this actually helped). Rebooted with the GPU back on the Original PC and it worked.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.