Is this a good buy?

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
That depend on what you classify as a good deal. Do you want a pre-built system and pay a little more or a self built system that is the same but cheaper? Not a "bad" set up but you might be able to build a better one for the same price.

Edit: just ran the prices in my head real quick and actually I don't think I could build that system for that price. I am looking at around 1150-1250, but I am going with top end parts like a corsair or seasonic psu and g.skill ram and such. Maybe someone else can get you a home built part list cheaper if you wanna wait and build your own? If you don't then that's a good deal.

elias444

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Seems fine to me, good processor, decent graphics card. Depending on what you want to play you probably won't be maxing things out but, if that doesn't matter to you that seems good.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Building your own is not super hard, mostly it is just paying attention and making sure you plug stuff in to the right stuff. Just make sure you run the parts list by the forums and we will double check the compatibility.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

I'm not following you there. Your saying you don't wanna buy a prebuilt system because it's cheaper than a prebuilt system? I am confused.

nick9

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Sorry, It's been a long day. What i meant to say was that I'm worried about the price being much cheaper(being a prebuilt), then actually getting all the parts and building a system.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

absorber

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011

AstroTC

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I checked their main website and carnedude is right, the psu they have in what you showed us is listed as "standard" so we do recommend replacing it, the ram is fine though, they use mainly adata and corsair ram but when it all boils down to it, its ur decision on whether you wanna buy a prebuilt but what i can tell is that building ur own PC is alot of fun and very rewarding.

Cheers